50lt Kegs - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
standard ball lock?? not sure of the jargon.. heres a piccie

1.JPG

yob

just picked mine up

thanks Yob, it's great.

just decompressed the keg, ended up with some beer on me. but not too bad :) now need to remove the coupler to give it a clean

just decompressed the keg, ended up with some beer on me. but not too bad :) now need to remove the coupler to give it a clean

Confucius say, when decompressing keg, lay it on it's side to avoid amber shower...

:lol: how did it smell? Im curious that after 3 or so years what it smelled/tasted like?

My pleasure gents.

Yob

[edit] all kegs now spoken for. Cheers to all involved.

Another thing you can do is place a placcy bag over the spout before pressing down with a ball hammer or screwdriver to decompress.

Was suggested on 'Keg Spear Removal' thread by Domosura (Beer Belly) many moons ago and worked nicely for me.

The bag got the old beer, instead of me!

Hopper.

Another thing you can do is place a placcy bag over the spout before pressing down with a ball hammer or screwdriver to decompress.
I found that tipping it on its side and then using a spanner (with one prong hooked under the 'lip' to leaver against the pressure) was much easier trying a hammer or screwdriver.
Not sure if the idea came from the old thread here or from YouTube.

Latest posts

Back