50l Keg Parts?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

griffo_69

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i recently posted a thread about converting a damaged 50L (type A xxxx/tooheys style) keg i was given and it was suggested to cut off a corny keg and weld the top on. Now after further inspection of the keg spike i found that its the top Rubber seal is shot and stainless retaing washer thats goes above the spring that is all damaged and bent out of shape does any one know if i can buy the rubber and stainless retainer washer? for a commercial keg? who would sell these bits? if so i could easily get a type A coupler off ebay and be on my merry way kegging. can anyone help me out with suggestions or again is it going to be easer buying a corney set up?

thanks again cheers
Griffo

dont want to shoot you down in flames or anything there big fella, but if it was easy to get hold of that sort of stuff, people wouldnt bother welding a corny top to a brewery keg... the rubber washer shouldnt be too much trouble, just pull it out, take it down to bunnings whorehouse or your local overpriced plumbing store and they should be able to get you close. as for the metal thingo, not knowing what it looks like, you may luck out at bunnings, but you are more likely gonna have to hit up a fitter/turner... either that or get a job at XXXX repairing kegs...

Lobby

Maybe sabco, would be mail order from the US

Read the forum rules.

Specifically, threads will be deleted if "...... discuss illegal material (such as spirit distilling and the unlawful acquisition of equipment (eg. brewery owned kegs)."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back