500gm Of Saaz Plugs $15.00

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody good price. And the look like you could almost smoke them :ph34r:

Damn, thats is good. I may just have to brew a few more Bo Pils at that price. Assuming swmbo likes the results from the current one brewing

Damn, thats is good. I may just have to brew a few more Bo Pils at that price. Assuming swmbo likes the results from the current one brewing

I find its easier to beg for forgiveness, than for permission

I have a bit of a Bo Pils thing happening atm, I'm quite enjoying them very pleasing summer beers.

Batz

I have a bit of a Bo Pils thing happening atm, I'm quite enjoying them very pleasing summer beers.

Batz

This is my first one, made it for the other half as she's been on my back for ages about it. I just made the one out of BCS as a start, so if that holds up I'll tinkle with it a bit

Batz

Got one in my glass right this minute, and one on the boil too. I've started only using 30% Boh Pils grain 65% Pils and 5% Melanoidin - as that Hanka grain can be overwhelming I reckon and gives a corn husk flavour.

Also - subbing a bit of the Saaz for Hallertau gives a nice edge. 80:20 Saaz:Hallertau. Mmmmmmm.

Kind of a Boh Pils from right on the border with Barvaria.

Got one in my glass right this minute, and one on the boil too. I've started only using 30% Boh Pils grain 65% Pils and 5% Melanoidin - as that Hanka grain can be overwhelming I reckon and gives a corn husk flavour.

Also - subbing a bit of the Saaz for Hallertau gives a nice edge. 80:20 Saaz:Hallertau. Mmmmmmm.

Kind of a Boh Pils from right on the border with Barvaria.

Mmm just the thought of those ingredients working together with 2124 is making me drool.

Got 4 different types of Saaz in the freezer, including latest harvest T45's, but these look very tempting, especially at that low AA.

Pondering...

they were too good a deal to pass up. smell is good. still waiting for the first beer from them.

Got 4 different types of Saaz in the freezer, including latest harvest T45's, but these look very tempting, especially at that low AA.

Pondering...

I have heaps as well Florian, and just ordered 500gm more :D :p

Batz

God this is tempting...and I have 2kg of hops in the fridge..... Hmmmmmmmmm.... halfsies Florian ;)

Most of the times I've bought bulk plugs on the cheap they've been pretty ordinary in terms of quality, however I didn't go into it with my eyes shut. Most often you get what you pay for... ...however, with low- alpha noble hops for bittering it is pretty much a given that there will be another addition of a different variety that takes up the character slack. At least, that's how I look at it. :icon_cheers:

excuse my stupidity, but are plugs the same as pellets from the recipe, i.e 35g is the same if it's plugs or pellets ?

thanks

Matt

excuse my stupidity, but are plugs the same as pellets from the recipe, i.e 35g is the same if it's plugs or pellets ?

thanks

Matt

Hop plugs have less surface area exposure to wort and thus are less efficient for bittering, i.e. more of it is required to impart an equal amount of
bitterness compared to pellets.

God this is tempting...and I have 2kg of hops in the fridge..... Hmmmmmmmmm.... halfsies Florian ;)

Sounds good to me, just over $10 each including postage. Do you want me to order?

EDIT: Did a freezer inventory last week, 6.8kg hops, 35 varieties, 1.6kg Saaz... But I neeeed those plugs!

Yep, Do it Florian. Fix you up at BABBs?

Latest posts

Back