4 Ring Burner with HP adjustable Reg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Who's using one & on what size boil?
I know these are low pressure burners but I have seen people using them in the past with adjustable regulators.
I ended up getting a 210,000 BTU burner, similar to the Bayou for doing 120lt boils in my 150lt stock pot. The main problem with this particular burner is the size or diameter of it. Being fairly close to the bottom of the pot ( has it's own stand ) running it to get to boiling temps as quick as possible tends to lead to way too much throw out the sides of the pot. Adjusting the air intake & the regulator to stop it is acceptable but I'd like to run it more open. Once boiling, it needs to be turned right back using the regulator to keep it at a rolling boil. Happy with the awesome power of the thing but quite a lot of wasted heat if running it too quick ( yeah ok, be patient to get to the boil )
At Gabba's house this morning, I took the pot round & fired up his 32jet Mongolian. Great burner with heaps of grunt using the adjustable reg but turning the heat back too far will produce some sooting. Not a great drama but I hate sooting.
The next option is a 4 ring burner using the HP adjustable reg. So who's using one & can you tell me if you think it will handle boiling 120lt. How's it go WOT ( wide open throttle )
Cheers

Latest posts

Back