• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

3x vessel 3 tier HERMs system

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strubes

Reaction score
Hello,
So I have been diagnosed with Coeliac disease. I will be selling my custom 3 vessel 3 tier Herms system.What I would like to do is get a little help valuing it.

Below is a list of everything

70L - HLT has 2400w element, site gauge, ball valve, lid
70L - Mash Tun false bottom attached with stainless pipe, recirc dish, ball valve, lid
70L - Boiler has ball valve and pick up, lid
HERMs - was from online brewing supplies. It’s an enclosed system
1x MKII pump with stainless pump head
1x 65w stainless head pump.
Control unit. all wired by electrician with internal safety switch.
Gas burner
plate chiller
temp controller for a fridge
plus silicon hose.

Now the stand is custom made out of stainless steel, is 3 tiers. The Mash Tun is on a swivel to allow to empty down a shoot. has a step built into the side. All electrical devices have brackets to allow placement changes and removal for storage.

I am also getting rid of my SS Brewtech Chronical 17 fermenter. I have replaced the 2x 3 piece ball valves with butterfly valves

I would like to sell everything as a full unit. This unit is fully functional ready to use.

Thanks
Ben
IMG_2464.1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_2467.jpg
    IMG_2467.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2165.JPG
    IMG_2165.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 265
Hello,
So I have been diagnosed with Coeliac disease. I will be selling my custom 3 vessel 3 tier Herms system.What I would like to do is get a little help valuing it.

Below is a list of everything

70L - HLT has 2400w element, site gauge, ball valve, lid
70L - Mash Tun false bottom attached with stainless pipe, recirc dish, ball valve, lid
70L - Boiler has ball valve and pick up, lid
HERMs - was from online brewing supplies. It’s an enclosed system
1x MKII pump with stainless pump head
1x 65w stainless head pump.
Control unit. all wired by electrician with internal safety switch.
Gas burner
plate chiller
temp controller for a fridge
plus silicon hose.

Now the stand is custom made out of stainless steel, is 3 tiers. The Mash Tun is on a swivel to allow to empty down a shoot. has a step built into the side. All electrical devices have brackets to allow placement changes and removal for storage.

I am also getting rid of my SS Brewtech Chronical 17 fermenter. I have replaced the 2x 3 piece ball valves with butterfly valves

I would like to sell everything as a full unit. This unit is fully functional ready to use.

Thanks
BenView attachment 116658

Have you considered gluten free brewing?

Have you considered gluten free brewing?

Porter181 I am going to still brew just don't think I will ever brew more then the single keg. I thought that getting a grandfather or braumeister would be a better option with all the extra steps in the mash profile. I also can't guarantee the system is free of gluten. The cost would be over $1000 to replace all the pots, fittings, pumps and plate chiller. Also the herm coil is hard to find so not sure I could still use it.

It sucks a bit, but have come to terms with the fact I may need to sell everything and start again to be guaranteed its free of gluten.

Sounds like you’re very sensitive to gluten. I wish you the best with your condition and good luck with the sale.

That brew stand is a “work of art”.

Where are you located? Townsville? NQ?

I don't know the extent of your sensitivity but "Clarity Ferm" seems highly successful.

https://homebrew.stackexchange.com/questions/11413/any-people-with-celiacs-tried-clarity-ferm

http://brulosophy.com/2018/06/18/the-clarity-ferm-effect-exbeeriment-results/

https://beerandwinejournal.com/clarity-ferm-iii/[/QUOTE

I’m actually leaving in Sydney until I move to Ipswich at the end of the year.

Unfortunately it’s not a sensitivity. I was hoping clarity ferment would be all I needed but it’s not how it work... I have an issue where my body creates anybody’s to that attacks my intestines which is due to eating or drinking anything with gluten... not even a crumb. I wish it was just a fad that heap of people are doing!!

I will have to use things like millet, buckwheat, corn and rice to make beer...

Sounds like you’re very sensitive to gluten. I wish you the best with your condition and good luck with the sale.

That brew stand is a “work of art”.

Worst part I’ve only had it built... don’t even want to say how much it’s worth. But I’m keen to see what people are willing to pay so I can look at other options to brew.

Hey strubes I feel your pain I was diagnosed cealiac last year. It is what started me brewing.

At the start I was just brewing cider but have since started brewing beer using clarity Ferm and have Had great success. I can't say what affect it is having on my insides but I get a noticeable reaction to small amounts of gluten and can happily drink my gluten reduced beer all night with no ill effect.

I am currently Only doing k&k but a mate has a 3v system he has been using for years and we have used clarity Ferm on all the beers he has made this year and it has worked very well even with the amount of gluten that has gone through his system.

It could be worth trying for a while and then get your antibodies tested again (or what ever they test for).

Cealiac disease can be a challenge but once you learn which products are gluten free there is nothing you have to miss out on. You just have to make a lot of it yourself.

Look forward to hearing what you want for your system. I am in townsville but would be interested in seeing what transport would cost.

Good luck on your gluten free journey It's amazing how good one can feel living without gluten. It's well worth the effort.

Hey strubes I feel your pain I was diagnosed cealiac last year. It is what started me brewing.

At the start I was just brewing cider but have since started brewing beer using clarity Ferm and have Had great success. I can't say what affect it is having on my insides but I get a noticeable reaction to small amounts of gluten and can happily drink my gluten reduced beer all night with no ill effect.

I am currently Only doing k&k but a mate has a 3v system he has been using for years and we have used clarity Ferm on all the beers he has made this year and it has worked very well even with the amount of gluten that has gone through his system.

It could be worth trying for a while and then get your antibodies tested again (or what ever they test for).

Cealiac disease can be a challenge but once you learn which products are gluten free there is nothing you have to miss out on. You just have to make a lot of it yourself.

Look forward to hearing what you want for your system. I am in townsville but would be interested in seeing what transport would cost.

Good luck on your gluten free journey It's amazing how good one can feel living without gluten. It's well worth the effort.

Hey mate, thanks for the msged. Not sure why my response never went through.

I use to live in Townsville and was part of the brew club RBT. Use to do the yearly brew comp on Maggie island.

I have a few questions regarding clarity Ferm. Every thing I have read says under 20ppm is classed as gluten free, the information on clarity Ferm is it reduces gluten to under that. So I’m not sure why some articles say it doesn’t make it safe for coeliac disease sufferers. Have you had any m blood tests to see if your TTG levels are normal? I’m keen to not have to brew all grain gluten free malts as they are 3 times the price.

Maybe I can test my bloods then do a few beers with clarity Ferm and get my bloods checked again, see if it’s normal. Might be a winner.

Regarding the system I may hold on to it until I see if clarity Ferm works.

Thanks your info.
Strubes

Hey mate, thanks for the msged. Not sure why my response never went through.

I use to live in Townsville and was part of the brew club RBT. Use to do the yearly brew comp on Maggie island.

I have a few questions regarding clarity Ferm. Every thing I have read says under 20ppm is classed as gluten free, the information on clarity Ferm is it reduces gluten to under that. So I’m not sure why some articles say it doesn’t make it safe for coeliac disease sufferers. Have you had any m blood tests to see if your TTG levels are normal? I’m keen to not have to brew all grain gluten free malts as they are 3 times the price.

Maybe I can test my bloods then do a few beers with clarity Ferm and get my bloods checked again, see if it’s normal. Might be a winner.

Regarding the system I may hold on to it until I see if clarity Ferm works.

Thanks your info.
Strubes
Yeah rite. I actually live on Maggie. You might know my mate I brew with Jordan, he won a few prizes at the home brew Comp and used to work for the brew shop in hammet st. I wasn't brewing back then but know the guy who ran the comp so used to do the set up and drunken pack up most years.

In the states and Europe 20ppm is classed as gluten free but in Australia it's 5ppm. Coronas are supposed to be About 10ppm(taste shit but it's beer when you got none) I generally don't get a reaction from them as long as I don't drink the whole carton in one night.

What I have read about clarity Ferm says that on most beers it can get to below 10ppm and a lot of beers below the 5ppm mark. you can find a few different study's online where they have tested different beers and give the gluten content for each. They have even done blind tastings with proper judges and the clarity Ferm beers have come out on top. In America and Europe you can buy clarity Ferm beers off the shelf and they can call them gluten free but in Australia our laws are different so anything that has contained gluten products can't be called gluten free even if it's been removed. One Commercial beer I know which uses clarity Ferm is holgate mt Macedon pale ale. And it's very nice.

My cealiac didn't show up on blood tests only when they did a endoscopy I found out so no good getting blood tests. Will one day get another one done to check but not in the near future.

I think it's definitely worth doing some tests and to confirm for yourself it would be a pity to stop brewing real beer if it can work for you And if it doesn't work it can't do to much more harm than the years of gluten beforehand. And even if it doesn't work I can't see there being much in the way of gluten contamination on your brew system. It's a work of art and would be a pity to sell it off after creating such a master peice.

Hope I've helped let us know how you go.

Porter181 I am going to still brew just don't think I will ever brew more then the single keg. I thought that getting a grandfather or braumeister would be a better option with all the extra steps in the mash profile. I also can't guarantee the system is free of gluten. The cost would be over $1000 to replace all the pots, fittings, pumps and plate chiller. Also the herm coil is hard to find so not sure I could still use it.

It sucks a bit, but have come to terms with the fact I may need to sell everything and start again to be guaranteed its free of gluten.

Sorry to hear it. My son is a coeliac and I’ve been contemplating how to brew GF beer for when he comes of age. Have you come across any decent decent recipes?

Hey mate,

Sorry to hear a out the diagnosis :(

I'm interested in the brewtech fermenter, would you be willing to send it down to melb?

Back