38lt Round Cooler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matho

The Braumiser
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i just thought i would tell you that i just picked up a 38lt round cooler for $39.99 at boots great outdoors in penrith NSW. They had at least 6 instock and they were reduced from $99.99
The internal diameter is 315mm and the height is 460mm.
i just thought i would tell everyone because it is a great price to get one at.

best regards :lol:

hi everyone,
i just thought i would tell you that i just picked up a 38lt round cooler for $39.99 at boots great outdoors in penrith NSW. They had at least 6 instock and they were reduced from $99.99
The internal diameter is 315mm and the height is 460mm.
i just thought i would tell everyone because it is a great price to get one at.

best regards :lol:

nice score...sounds like a fantastic price to me... :)

What brand are they matho? I have an old KeepCold one that has been around the block a few times and probably should be upgraded. Sounds like a good deal.

bloody cheap that, are you going manifold or FB ?

Cheers
Yardy

it's called frosty and it's made in china.
i'm not to sure yet if ill use a manifold or a false bottom.
i have a 20lt bucket with insulation glued around it and a false bottom made of polycarbonate with lot's of hole's drilled in it for partial's, it seem's to work well.
the new cooler step's in for the outlet i'm not sure how that will go with a false bottom, what do you think?

it's called frosty and it's made in china.
i'm not to sure yet if ill use a manifold or a false bottom.
i have a 20lt bucket with insulation glued around it and a false bottom made of polycarbonate with lot's of hole's drilled in it for partial's, it seem's to work well.
the new cooler step's in for the outlet i'm not sure how that will go with a false bottom, what do you think?

G'day Matho,

I just upgraded to a KeepCool 36L, which also has the step in. I opted for the false bottom. The 12" won't fit due to the step in, but the 9" is perfect. It sits about an inch or so from the edge of the wall, so it's ideal in my opinion. If you want to try fly sparging, it'll keep the sparge water from channeling down the side. I batch anyway, but had no problems with the sparge on its maiden brew last week. I bought mine from one of the sponsors above. :D

Hey Matho,

I have a Keepcold 36Ltr as well, and started out using the 9" stainless FB, but found that quite a lot of grain found its way under the FB, due to the non-flat surface on the bottom of the cooler. I'd suggest you check how flat your bottom is first :huh: , before handing over the cash for a FB.

I now use a 50cm loop of stainless braid, and it is brilliant - would highly recommend this as a cheaper option, though took a little work to put together (I batch sparge, FWIW).
Hutch.

Just picked one up at Rays outdoors at Castle Hill, they have 2 left. Thanks for the tip Matho your a Legend.

Lachlan :D

Ray outdoor has got these frosty 38 Litre coolers to on Blaxland road Campeltown.
They look cheaply made but there are 4 or 5 left.
(I went there to look at the Rambo burners.
$ 187 with HP regulator for members)

Back