30lt / 60lt Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeasty

Reaction score
Just thought id tell u guys that i was in the local

http://www.aussiedisposals.com.au/

place and they have 30 and 60 Lt "water containers" that are the exact same as the fermenters with the screw top lids

$19 for the 30Lt

$29? for the 60Lt ones

I'll be picking up one as a spare fermentor (or for a secondary) soon...

I dont know if its in every store, but it might be worth a look.

same as this

t_135.jpg

I dunno if this is cheap or not? Anyone know what the usual price is?

I picked up one of the 60lt a month or so ago, great price. Winequip on Sydney road, Coburg have also been doing the 60lt fermenters for $40 new.

might just need to drill an airlock hole, Piece of Pi$$ though.....

as opposed to the 'cheap' fermenter i bought with to tap hole lol

Helps when changing the fish water now though

You may also need to drill the tap out too.

Be careful that you don't chew the thread.

The right sized spade bit works well.

Do make sure that once the bit has broken through the plastic, don't try and pull the bit back out while the bit is spinning. Wait till the bit has completely stopped, then pull the bit out of the hole.

If you try and pull the bit out while the chuck is spinning, it may spin off into the thread.

I was actually in bunning and they have taps for cheap too, next to their *cough* cheap water containers. Their 25Lt version (5lt less than the one i saw above) was $30, but their taps are about $3?

I was actually in bunning and they have taps for cheap too, next to their *cough* cheap water containers. Their 25Lt version (5lt less than the one i saw above) was $30, but their taps are about $3?

i got 2 taps from bunnings yesterday for $1.49 Each!

Rob.

Cannington?

I got them @ the Bunnings on Leach Hwy, but its a pretty big franchise so they would all be the same price
kook!

on second thought i got my last 2 @ Cannington for that price as well so yeah.

what a bummer there no aussie disposals in sydney !!!

Latest posts

Back