30l & 50l Kegs At The Local Taphouse Melbourne And Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. Odd way to get people to buy them. You have to leave your email for all to see on a blog (spam factor?).

No direct contact email to avoid this odd situation it seems.

Set up a new email account without my full name on it to try and be on the list for a 30L at and it hasn't appeared on their blog which is very odd.
That was at 2.30pm and now there are people listed who put their name on it at 4pm onwards.

Oh well. Too damn hard it seems. Good luck to those that get one, looks like a good price and such a rare thing to find these from a legitimate source. (sigh).
If I can be bothered I might call the taphouse tomorrow - but reckon they'll be gone. d'oh.

:( Hopper.

I setup a spam filtered email address for this.

I slso sent in an initial post that didn't display.
Tried again and got one of those windows that asked you to type in a word, which I didn't get the first time round. Then got a message saying it was being checked before displaying. Then it appeared about 10 minutes later

Hey, its worth a try.
If i start getting spamed I will delete teh email address and no harm done

I setup a spam filtered email address for this.

I slso sent in an initial post that didn't display.
Tried again and got one of those windows that asked you to type in a word, which I didn't get the first time round. Then got a message saying it was being checked before displaying. Then it appeared about 10 minutes later

Hey, its worth a try.
If i start getting spamed I will delete teh email address and no harm done

I guess if we get no love from the Keg sellers at least the Nigerians and Prozac dudes will love us!

Hilarious! :D

Hopper.

Edit postscript - My entry from 2.30pm still hasn't appeared on their shite site (hey that rhymes!).
Tried to resubmit and all is crapola, laggy and slow. You key in details twice and no dice. What's with the letter thing you type in not working? Over it. They can keep their kegs. Would rather support the sponsors.

Sorry it didn't work for you.

I got an email this morning saying
"There are 14x30 litre kegs and 11x50 litre kegs left"

Sorry it didn't work for you.

I got an email this morning saying
"There are 14x30 litre kegs and 11x50 litre kegs left"

me to :) to easy.....

thinking i should be investing in a few more :)

Hmmm. Odd way to get people to buy them. You have to leave your email for all to see on a blog (spam factor?).

No direct contact email to avoid this odd situation it seems.

Set up a new email account without my full name on it to try and be on the list for a 30L at and it hasn't appeared on their blog which is very odd.
That was at 2.30pm and now there are people listed who put their name on it at 4pm onwards.

Oh well. Too damn hard it seems. Good luck to those that get one, looks like a good price and such a rare thing to find these from a legitimate source. (sigh).
If I can be bothered I might call the taphouse tomorrow - but reckon they'll be gone. d'oh.

:( Hopper.

Hey Hopper, we approve all posts before they go online as we do occasionally get some inappropriate comments..

As of this 11.30am this morning, 30 comments had been posted but there are a few more kegs left (10 x 30 ltr and 5 x 50 ltr).

Also, we never collect data like this and we never spam.

Cheers!

Steve (The Local Taphouse)

Also, we never collect data like this and we never spam.

Cheers!

Steve (The Local Taphouse)

Steve I think he is refering to the fact that there are email addresses published on the internet. Spam bots roam the internet looking for the @ and add the address to their naughty SPAM database. Its the same reason you will see someone giving something away here on AHB and the respondent simply say "PM sent" as in 'I have sent a PRIVATE message with my email address', but I also want all to know that I am in line for the checkout (if you know what I mean)

Cheers!

MD

Steve I think he is refering to the fact that there are email addresses published on the internet. Spam bots roam the internet looking for the @ and add the address to their naughty SPAM database. Its the same reason you will see someone giving something away here on AHB and the respondent simply say "PM sent" as in 'I have sent a PRIVATE message with my email address', but I also want all to know that I am in line for the checkout (if you know what I mean)

Cheers!

MD

Plus une.

Oui monsieurs. Exactement.

Le Hopper.

Cheers!

MD

Cheers for that explanation MD. I'll remember that next time! It seems that most people got around it in the way they posted their email addresses.

Kegs almost sold out.

I got a 'watch this space' - we'll be in touch on payment email, now over to the Canucks to empty them this weekend. I'd love to swing by and help looks like a big range they've got on offer.

I'm assuming this thread will morph into a possible bulk buy on Couplers for 30L/50L kegs? I know I'll be after one for a 30L inshallah the keg comes through.

I now have my 30L Keg, picked up from The Local, Darlinghurst for $30. Thanks to them, great idea and thanks dr_nailz for bringing it to our attention.
It's actually a rubberised one, and not even Canadian (German), not that I care, hoping to use it for Picnic Kegging ultimately.
Anyone else on the lookout for CUB type Couplers? Where to get? Ones with Corny type Ball Locks attached would be ideal.

I also threw a beer down whilst at The Local, great selection on offer, will definitely be back to sample the rest. I went with a Munich Helles which was refreshing and delicious.

I got one of he German ones too. Plenty of D-type couplers on eBay, though they get a bit pricey when you add in QD adapters. Looks like the spear removal tools are pricey too.

It'd be a good picnic though ;-)

I also got one of the German 30s, removed the spear and have cut open the top to convert into a mash tun.
Will be interesting to see how the rubber goes as insulation, was around a cm thick on the top before i go to the steel.

I think my keg had one of the high alc porters inside, as there was a nice aroma of choc, roast, smoke when i removed the spear.

Yes saw the eBay selection of couplers. There are ones listed at over $200 with QD attached! $30 for the keg. $200 to get the beer out! I don't think so!!

Think I'll wait until something more reasonable appears. 30l should definitely make for popular picnics.

Good luck with the Mash Tun, looks ideally 'jacketed' with all that rubber and SS? inside.

I also got one of the German 30s, removed the spear and have cut open the top to convert into a mash tun.

I'm planning on turning my 50 into a mash tun. How did you cut off the top - angle grinder? The 30's either going to be a HLT or actually used as a keg if I can get coupler etc for a decent price.

Cheers,

Jon

Latest posts

Back