300l Signature Brand Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, here's a really dumb question... Hope you can help.

What keeps the collar square in relation to the freezer? I can see the hinges need to be mounted sturdy like, but it still looks like the rest of the collar is just sitting free. What keeps it down and locked into place.... gravity?? Weight of taps??

Sorry for the dumb question, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

K

Hey guys, here's a really dumb question... Hope you can help.

What keeps the collar square in relation to the freezer? I can see the hinges need to be mounted sturdy like, but it still looks like the rest of the collar is just sitting free. What keeps it down and locked into place.... gravity?? Weight of taps??

Sorry for the dumb question, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

K

Hi K,

My collar is secured at the back by two metal bracing straps but I found even with just the weight of the collar + freezer lid it was sturdy enough.

The collar also sits on a neoprene seal which helps to stop it moving about.

cliffo

Hi Cliffo, thanks for the quick reply.

just the weight of the collar + freezer lid it was sturdy enough.

How does it go when you have to lean into the freezer to place a full corney into the back of the freezer, or change keg connections. I suppose, just a little care without putting your full weight onto the collar...?

The collar also sits on a neoprene seal which helps to stop it moving about.

Maybe this will be enough for generously proportined chappies like me. :lol:

The only way to find out I suppose, is to build one and see if it stays put. Thanks for the info bloke.

Cheers,

K

How does it go when you have to lean into the freezer to place a full corney into the back of the freezer, or change keg connections. I suppose, just a little care without putting your full weight onto the collar...?

The top of my collar is only up to hip-high so I don't even touch the collar when I'm moving kegs around.

Even if I did touch it I don't think it would move much anyway.
cliffo

Latest posts

Back