300l Signature Brand Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top job, I want to make one the same - anyone know where in Melbourne one can purchase the famed Signature Brand 300L Chest Freezer? :p

NRB,

check earlier in this thread - I posted the contact number of the distributors.

Hopefully they can point you in the right direction.

cliffo

Top job Cliffo! The only person that will know it's out of square is you, from here it looks the duck's guts. The best thing I've done lately for my keg freezer is add in a 12v computer fan to even out the temp. It does wonders for the condition of the beer and cuts down on condensation, give it a go. :D

Thanks razz. All in all it looks fine, I'm just picky :)

I've got a small PC fan in the at the moment just sitting on the basket bit - will get a larger one and mount it somewhere on the collar soon.

cliffo

Top job, I want to make one the same - anyone know where in Melbourne one can purchase the famed Signature Brand 300L Chest Freezer? :p

NRB

Not sure whereabouts in Melb. you're located. If you go to DEC Electronics. They're in Campbellfield and Geelong. You'll get a similar size for around the same price. Mine's 260 litres (yet oddly enough looks exactly the same size as Cliffo's).
Cost me $450 with delivery thrown in and yes it's brand new.

Cliffo... Looking the (white) goods. :)

Warren -

med_gallery_427_47_53748.jpg

Cliffo... Looking the (white) goods. :)

Warren -

Mmmm...white goods :D

Guys, what do people do with the temp probe from the fridgemate?

At the moment its just hanging down the back wall of the freezer about half way down.

Is this OK or is there a better spot or way of mounting it?

cliffo

Yeh they look the same to me, would be a generic model sold under a number of different badges.

The timber I used is 90mm x 45mm pine that I just painted white. Gives the perfect height for the taps etc to fit to and also allowed me to mount a gas manifold to it on the inside.

Pok

Pok,

Do you have any photos handy of the manifold you could post? Don't recall seeing any of your manifold in the other post.

Guys, what do people do with the temp probe from the fridgemate?

I just push a bit of foam rubber about half way down between two kegs. Then I just force the probe between the foam and the keg. Logic being its taking the temp of the keg and not the temp of the freezer.

Warren -

Looking real good Cliffo.Im in the market for a chest freezer 300l upwards.
How did you go in your search for this model on the west coast Goat.?
Reckon i will hit a few white goods shops around Perth over the next few days or so.

Cheers
Big D

No luck at all yet BigD - though I haven't really looked that hard.

Big D and Goat, I am also in the market for one, if you want to wrangle some sort of deal, for 3

If you go to DEC Electronics. They're in Campbellfield and Geelong. You'll get a similar size for around the same price. Mine's 260 litres (yet oddly enough looks exactly the same size as Cliffo's).
Cost me $450 with delivery thrown in and yes it's brand new.

There's a DEC in Ringwood Warren, I might have a look there as I'm in Box hill. As long as I can get 6 kegs in and spend less than $500, I'm sold. If I can get an extended warranty, even better.

Then I'll order some awesome taps from Rosco, make a collar and be set for life ;)

Hey Cliffo,

Which white goods retailer did you buy the freezer from?

Cheers,
yoey

Hey Cliffo,

Which white goods retailer did you buy the freezer from?

Cheers,
yoey

Hi Yoey,

got it from Homestore at 29 Union Street, Newcastle (just up from King St). Their phone number is 49264647.

They mostly sell refurbushed gear but this was a new freezer.

Only one they had but they might be able to get more in.

Just poured my first beer from the new setup and for the price I don't think you could go wrong with this unit - 6 kegs with ease, glasses in the basket over the compressor and still deciding what to put on the compressor step but maybe hops, yeasts etc... plenty of options for it.

Now I just need to purchase two more ventmatics to replace the two brumby style taps on the far end and then get similar handles so it looks the part.

cliffo

Goat, big d and sinkas,
I was flicking thru the latest Betta Electrical junkmail yesterday and on the back page there's a 210L 'Hotpoint' brand chesty for $399
Might be worth checking out?.....
EDIT: Cat# is 307384

I don't think Goat is in the market anymore, as he made me lift a very large and impressive glass door display fridge off the back of his ute last week.

Me neither, picked up a 310L off ebay, hopefully itll last

Heh, just noticed big d said 300L+, so I guess he's not interested either :D

Thanks Simon. Looks like a good deal.

As Simon said, I did score a glass fronted jobby the other day (gloat piccy attached). I'm terrified at the prospective power bills however and still prefer the chesty format - I suspect that 4mm of toughened glass is not the world's best insulator, might have to do something about that.

Goat_fridge.jpg

looks like you've got some fridge space to rent goat???

Thanks Simon. Looks like a good deal.

As Simon said, I did score a glass fronted jobby the other day (gloat piccy attached). I'm terrified at the prospective power bills however and still prefer the chesty format - I suspect that 4mm of toughened glass is not the world's best insulator, might have to do something about that.

nice :icon_drool2:

Hi Yoey,

got it from Homestore at 29 Union Street, Newcastle (just up from King St). Their phone number is 49264647.

They mostly sell refurbushed gear but this was a new freezer.

Only one they had but they might be able to get more in.

Just poured my first beer from the new setup and for the price I don't think you could go wrong with this unit - 6 kegs with ease, glasses in the basket over the compressor and still deciding what to put on the compressor step but maybe hops, yeasts etc... plenty of options for it.

Now I just need to purchase two more ventmatics to replace the two brumby style taps on the far end and then get similar handles so it looks the part.

cliffo

Thanks for the info cliffo... :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back