3-ring Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manaen

Reaction score
I have done some searching here and other sites on 3-ring burners, but can't find the answers I am after.

Has anyone:

1) Used a HP or adjustable regulator with a standard 3-ring burner? was it worth the $$$?

2) Tried modifying a 3-ring burner by increasing the holes by drilling them out?

3) Given up completely on 3-rings because they aren't up to the challenge?

I have a three ring burner with a high pressure regulator, if you turn up the reg past its lowest setting of 1 you will blow the flame out. However at the lowest setting the flame is a lot stronger than before. It will certainly bring your wort to the boil faster and give you a more vigorous boil.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew QLD,

How long does it take to get about 30L to the boil?

I'm still tossing up whether to get a 3 ring and a higher pressure reg, or get a mongolian. Leaning towards the mongolian.

probably 15 min from mash temp to boil at the most

Do you know what the highest setting you use on your reg is? I've seen a 3.5 kg/h for fairly cheap (2 kg/h is the standard bbq type reg). Just wondering if this is will blow the flame out?

From memory they were $20 - $30 from a camping place down the road (can't remember the name, it was just a quick on the spur of the moment stop).

When it comes to prices I have a simple rule. Over $50 = expensive, under $50 = fairly cheap or affordable. Free = the right price!

I have a 4-ring with a variable reg. I find it useful to counter the fickleness of the burner exposed to light breezes.

I just use a three ring burner with a standard reg. It takes about 35 mins to get from mash temp to boil and seems to have a fairly good rolling boil. Works for me.

Steve

I tried doing a 47L boil last weekend .. although the 3-ring got it boiling .. it was a fairly gentle boil. I am after just a little more omph

Latest posts

Back