2nd Ag Just Completed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Claret

Reaction score
Well we just completed my 2nd AG recipe.
After the first cowboy job, I decided to splash out and invest in the real deal and was lucky enough to pick up Brizzie brews equipment.
brewing assistants and many thanks go to:-
Ross Kenrick (Master brewer extrodinaire, sp)
Pistol Patch (Chief drinker and washer upper)
Old Dog (BBQ tong master and chief skimmer)

The recipe was based on an American Brown from how to brew (Palmer), but was told that it might be more of an amber beer, either way I'm sure it will be good.

This is the first recipe done with the equipment so a bit of guess work occurred with the mash and sparge volumes, and I was perhaps a little optimistic setting the recipe up to 75% efficiency, I was supposed to have 23litre at the end and ended up with 19.5 litres but hey you live and learn.

The recipe consisted of 5kgs Marris otter Ale
500g of crystal (exact colour is a bit of speculation)
100g choc malt
100 g wheat.
Bittered to 33IBU with Amerillo pellets and Willamette plugs for flavour aroma.
US56 Ale yeast
Irish moss added for 10 minute boil.

A few pics below.
We had a bit of a mishap, when filtering a previous partial , Opps no one was watching and errrm we had a bit of a leak.

Cheers
AC

Equipment.jpg

Underletting.jpg

Oopps_whos_watching_the_filtering.jpg

2nd_sparge.jpg

First_run_off.jpg

Old_Dog_the_skimmer.jpg

And_we_are_done.jpg

Good effort AC, falls to the darkside another brewer does hmmm...... Seems the Dark Lord Ross is busy gathering his forces for a assault.

cheers

Browndog

Thanks again for a great day Aussie. Glad I didn't have to work yesterday!

You and Old Dog have brewed some damn nice kits and partials so it's going to be interesting to see what comes out of that new brewery of yours. Hope I helped empty enough bottles out of your fridge to make way for the extra kegs you'll be needing.

;) PP

browndog said:
Good effort AC, falls to the darkside another brewer does hmmm...... Seems the Dark Lord Ross is busy gathering his forces for a assault.
cheers
Browndog
[post="128337"][/post]​

I thought I recognised that 'Solar panel for a sex machine' If there is some mashin going on he will be there ;)

Pumpy :)

thanks Pumpy !!! :)

Was a top day, & tasted some bloody good beers. Aussie Caret's Kolsch was his standout & old dogs kit beer (i've forgotten the brand) hopped with some fresh cascade, is the nicest, cleanest tasting kit & kilo beer i think i've ever drunk.

Brizzybrew's AG setup has definately gone to a good home :beer:

cheers Ross

Great to see the gear getting a run out there. I was sorry to see it go but needs must eh.
Good luck with the brew. :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back