2lt cubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mosto said:
I use a 2L growler.
Fuckng Genius! I own a million of the bloody things, but do you think this might have occurred to me...

Apparently not. Cheers Mosto

Crofty said:
Fuckng Genius! I own a million of the bloody things, but do you think this might have occurred to me...

Apparently not. Cheers Mosto
Glad to be of assistance

nosco said:
I thought the botulism argument was dead and buried spOrk. Unless your filtering your wort with grass cuttings from the mower or dirt....
Me too, but for some reason people like to just keep dragging it up

wide eyed and legless said:
People in Plastic in Maidstone, or The Plastic Man Braeside depending on where you are. I have bought from both Polypins from The Plastic Man and heavy duty cubes from People in Plastic, both places have what you are after and I have found them to be cheap.
I just qent there yesterday. Great shop that one. I got 2x2.5lt hdpe bottles some tap in a caps and a 2lt jug. Ill get some 60lt things for grains next time too.
Do you leave the tube on the tap caps Legless?

I also got some 2lt hdpe bottles of ebay for about $5 each with delivery so i have plenty now.

I use those tap caps for letting out the excess co2 when I am cask conditioning, but there are loads of uses for those type of cap also I notice they have pumps on 58mm caps which I am sure I can find a use for, I will have to pay them a visit very soon.

MastersBrewery said:
I'd go down this path if I could find the right container. I don't keep DME. I have enough ingredients about already and if your making a batch of something making an extra litre or two means very little at the end of the day. Though I would probably knock out a low OG batch for purpose and fill 10- 15 bottles, job done for 6-12 months.
An update on an old post. I have used 2 lots of runoff from brews and they worked really well in starters but I found that the hop trub didn't settle as well as hoped in the 2lt cube so I had to filter it out with my Voil hop bag. Pita.

Now that I have a good supplier of 2lt cubes and a grain mill in a week or 2 MB' idea sounds good. Cheaper than buying DME. After some quick reading through the Yeast book it says that un hopped extract is probably better to use for starters just in case it inhibits the yeast.

Passata bottles work well for me, only thing is you obviously can't squeeze the air out, but I just add some trub as it settles out and you can see it later and decant off it. The lid pops in showing it has a good seal too which is a nice feature! They are easy to clean (and see that they are clean).

Latest posts

Back