28 Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banora brewer

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has tried Burleigh brewery's 28 pale ale. Had a few the other night. Quite a tasty drop

Word from the brewery is that it's the original Duke Pale Ale renamed and repackaged after it won an award or something similar.

But yes, a tastey drop. Not one I can drink a lot of though...but I would like to be able to make something in a similar vein.

Kev

Really?

Tastes nothing like the Duke pale ale that I've encountered before. I was never a fan of either Duke beers.

Tastes different to me too.

Word on the grapevine is it's a non Duke beer to allow Burleigh to crack into the market outside of Dukeland, i.e. 4 hours travel from the brewery.

Not disagreeing with anyone, I found it different from my recollection of Duke Pale Ale, but remember this from a BBC newletter last year;

28 Pale Ale ... 70's Style

Lots of stories to share about this one.

But let's just start for now
with the fact that our Duke Pale Ale
was recently awarded a Gold Medal
at the World Beer Champ's.

And in honour of it's brilliant performance,
it earned itself a face lift!

Accompanied by the new 28PA bottle.

Also emailed the brewery around that time to enquire who said they had simply repackaged the beer.

As stated by someone else though, may have freed them up somewhat to brach out with it a little.

Stumbled on this too - link - no Pale Ale in the line up.

Cheers

Kev

Just finished a sixer of 28 Pale. Quite nice. One of the first commercial bottled beers I've had recently that stands up to the kegged version. I could taste and smell the hops! It was dated 15/8/12 so still fresh (I'm surprised DM didn't charge more for the pleasure)

Back