2008 Sa Xmas Case Swap - The Date Poll

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What date suits you best?

• Saturday 6th of December

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday 13th of December

• Saturday 20th of December

• November

• Total voters
What's the bet we get about 50 votes in this poll?

May be best to post what your choice(s) are to ensure we have choices from only people coming to the swap :)

I haven't voted yet, but 13th or 20th should be good for me.

Click "articles" and it's at the top of the recently updated list! :rolleyes:

Or... link!

Not hugely, massively bothered, but for me 13th would be best. As long as I know in the very near future, will need to make myself unavailable for work for 2 nights, bang in the middle of busy season.

20th is possibly a little too close to the crissy break, 6th isn't close enough - plus little extra time for last minute brewing... 13th has my vote.

I think the 13th is the best, plus I have scheduled the month of December around the Case Swap being on the 13th. The only other option for me may be the 6th all other dates are out for me.

Ticked 13th, either 13 or 6th, 20th is getting a little too close to 'putting up with rellies' time

MMM Just found out that the 2008 Toy Run is on the 14th :( I am going to have to work something out for that day. Option 1. Ride the bike to Smurto's then leave next day at 9am, don't know if I will be stable enough :icon_vomit: Option 2. Get the SWAMBO to ride and I will go bitch on the back. Option 3. Catch the gang riding back from Hahndorf in the arvo :super:

BYB

MMM Just found out that the 2008 Toy Run is on the 14th :( I am going to have to work something out for that day. Option 1. Ride the bike to Smurto's then leave next day at 9am, don't know if I will be stable enough :icon_vomit: Option 2. Get the SWAMBO to ride and I will go bitch on the back. Option 3. Catch the gang riding back from Hahndorf in the arvo :super:

BYB

Go Option 3. More than welcome to stay around as long as you want/need the next day.

Looks like the 13th is winning.

EDIT - Murcluf, is that signature of yours suggesting you already have your case swap beer fermenting?

EDIT - Murcluf, is that signature of yours suggesting you already have your case swap beer fermenting?

Yep sure is, moved it to the secondary yesterday so need to update my signature. Wanted to give myself enough time to brew another one if I'm not happy with it or brew another one if I'm really happy with it. Very happy with it at this stage so looks like I'll do it again for personal use for Xmas Day and New Years. Case swap is only 11 or 12 weeks away so the Weizen should be in prime drinking condition for the swap.

Yep sure is, moved it to the secondary yesterday so need to update my signature. Wanted to give myself enough time to brew another one if I'm not happy with it or brew another one if I'm really happy with it. Very happy with it at this stage so looks like I'll do it again for personal use for Xmas Day and New Years. Case swap is only 11 or 12 weeks away so the Weizen should be in prime drinking condition for the swap.

yikes, its that close.

Putting my order in for 1469 so will be brewing my case swap beer the minute it arrives!

i will bottle this swap so everyone can grab some of the TTL yeast.

yikes, its that close.

Putting my order in for 1469 so will be brewing my case swap beer the minute it arrives!

Yep it will be here before we know it, looking forward to trying trying your TTL, BYB took us to the Wheatie on the way home from picking up our SABSOSA trophies on Sunday and saw TTL on the menu but wasn't going to take out a second mortgage just to try one.
GMK&K was going to to give me some TTL yeast last year but unfortunely it was infected :p Oh well I score some fresh from the swap.

yikes, its that close.

cool, i might place an order for the 1026 british cask ale then. can save you some slurry if you haven't gotten into slants by the swap.

also crap, i have to do a practice decoction to have my pilsner ready on time. lucky for my i have hallertau and saaz coming out of my ears :p

Yep sure is, moved it to the secondary yesterday
My case-swap lager has also just finished primary, it's now having a d-rest for a day or two, then into the cube she goes! Thinking ahead here, any ideas how long a lager takes to carb-up in the bottle? I'm guessing it might need four weeks at room temp. Can we put a 'best after' date on the bottle for the swap?

My case-swap lager has also just finished primary, it's now having a d-rest for a day or two, then into the cube she goes! Thinking ahead here, any ideas how long a lager takes to carb-up in the bottle? I'm guessing it might need four weeks at room temp. Can we put a 'best after' date on the bottle for the swap?

Best after dates are the norm and means we will all be drinking beer when its ready and at its prime!

As for slanting.. i cant be bothered. Happy letting my yeast sleep under cooled boiled water. I will save you some yeast but i always collect the slurry and wash it. I resuse most if it but do keep back a few vials of the early gens for resuse later. I still have some 1469 i scored from The Drunk Arab several months ago but i think its now about 5th gen.

Was wondering if any one was taking their SWAMBO and in the case of braufrau I don't know what you may call it.

BYB

I'd like to implement a rule that if you bring said partner with you - there will be no piking out and disapearing off to a motel room with SWMBO at 9pm.......(will there Rusty.....) -_-

13th gets my vote.

Latest posts

Back