• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

20% Off Cases Of Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schooey

Reaction score
Got this via Email today...

Beer.jpg

That makes a 'toon of LCPA about $56, or a 'toon of Hoegaarden around $62 or something.. Not often you get something out of Woolies...

How much would that make a 'toon of Weihenstephan Weissbier?

(My new fave! :beer: )

use www.boozle.com.au and see what wollies is selling it for in your area

edit. thx adam

Boozle shouldn't be taken as gospel. With fluctuating prices and price beats in beer, especially the competition between 1st Choice (coles) and Dan Murphy's (woolies), prices on boozle are quite often wrong. More often than not you're better off going into either store on the weekend after all the press is out and the price beats are in full motion. You can often get beer cheaper than stated in their advertisements.

However, sometimes you'll find it's more expensive than what Boozle suggests because Boozle can't keep up with all the changes in price due to the competition between the two.

Another spin on things - prices beats, etc. are usually only on megaswill so the original poster has definately got it right by notifying folk on this forum because nearly everyone here doesn't drink that shite.

So if you're after a carton of Coopers longnecks (you can use the empty bottles if you don't keg), or something like Weihenstephan or Aussie craft beer you've got yourselves a bargain....if you can find what you're looking for at Woolworths Liquor.

Bowie

Often I find that "cheap" beer has a significant flaw that can't be sent to the export market.

Make it of which you want.

cheers

darren

Often I find that "cheap" beer has a significant flaw that can't be sent to the export market.

Make it of which you want.

cheers

darren

I've seen many a slab of this phenomenon in my brother's beer fridge. Stella that tastes of popcorn, butter Byron Bay Ale... etc

However, every case at Woolworths Liquor in this category? That would take some planning.

boozle can be months behind in their pricing. Don't know how many people I get arguing with me that I should give them the 3 month old price stated on boozle

Back