2 Tier Or 3

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
proberly ends up costing more to feed a elephant.
unless your mates drink as much as you and me.

jayse

Well I've done it built my brew stand.
Here it is now all I need to do is learn how to use it.
I'm going to do my first AG tomorrow. Thanks for all you help guys. B)

stand.JPG

Bigfella, is the tap on the HLT from Industrial Fitting Sales (noble park)? Looks kinda similar to some I've got.

BTW I'm in Vermont, we should compare brews one day.

No sosman. Purple pig The guys there a just fantastic.
We might have to wait until I've got my AG happening then we can compare

Bigfella,

Great stand.I used Dexion racking ,and the whole thing is adjustable and can be dismantled for moving too.
The one thing you may find, if not using a CFC, is that an immersion chiller may not seem too effective.This is because of the heat retained by the burner(I think the NT/Northern guys pointed this out). I have been SLIDING the boiler to another stand(milk crate with some pavers on it) to do the chilling on

Thanks Linz great advise. I will probably have to do this anyway as I have built it a bit lower because I didn't want to have the HLT too high so the fermenter dosn't fit under it.

Nice work big fella.

Especially the HLT. What tubing is that on your sight glass?

just good old 10mm food grade tube I can change it in about 5 mins if it clouds up

well done bigfella.hope the first ag brew goes well.

cheers
big d

Well today I had the split system solar hws replaced at a cost of $1300.00 :( thank god the solar panels are ok!
But the plus is that only the tank on the old 315l split system is stuffed!
It contains a 5kw pump and a brand new element & thermostat!
So this weekend consists of pulling the old hws apart and converting my HLT to electric with thermostat! and installing the pump!
So now comes the 2 tier :p

Did my first AG today I think it went OK it was a bit lighter in colour than I thought it would be but only time will tell.

What brand was it .......something else to scrounge!

Back