1st Ag In A Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sav

Brewing at the battered's shed
Reaction score
Hi guys iI have been working on my ag set up for weeks and I am about done,I was so impressed with Roberts (warra 48) beer, I was converted straight away.
I am doing my order tonight of ross,coopers pale Ale without the coopers yeast starter for this one. Thanks to ross and robert for all your help, I will let you know how it goes,with pictures.

Hi guys iI have been working on my ag set up for weeks and I am about done,I was so impressed with Roberts (warra 48) beer, I was converted straight away.
I am doing my order tonight of ross,coopers pale Ale without the coopers yeast starter for this one. Thanks to ross and robert for all your help, I will let you know how it goes,with pictures.

Good luck Sav, hope your day goes well, What recipe are you using?

Andrew

Good luck

We will be awaiting your photos when you report back ;)

On ya Sav, happy brewing, the first few can be a little stressful DWRHAHB.

Screwy

Good luck Sav, hope your day goes well, What recipe are you using?

Andrew

I Think it may be yours AHB and beer smith Andrew QLD0
Just wordering about the sugar do i add it at the end of the boil or what thanks man.

Just wordering about the sugar do i add it at the end of the boil or what thanks man.

Ha-ha... You are new to AG!

You don't add sugar mate. The fermentables are extracted from the grain.

Depending on the recipe, there may be a quantity of sugar (cane, dextrose, etc) to be added to the boil. I would add it about 10 mins from end of boil, but others may do differently. As long as it dissolves, I suppose.

I Think it may be yours AHB and beer smith Andrew QLD0

I add mine at the start of the boil otherwise your IBUs will be out because your gravity will be less. If your using BeerSmith you can select to add it at the beginning of the boil and adjust your hops accordingly, not that there is that much difference, about 2 IBUs between adding at the start or the finish.

Cheers
Andrew

I add mine at the start of the boil otherwise your IBUs will be out because your gravity will be less. If your using BeerSmith you can select to add it at the beginning of the boil and adjust your hops accordingly, not that there is that much difference, about 2 IBUs between adding at the start or the finish.

Cheers
Andrew

Cheers andrew will safe ale red or blue be better,

sav, it's an all grain brew, for your first one, pick a recipe that is, you know, ALL grain.

Back