1kg Brewiser Liquid Sugar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer&Kebab

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used one of these ? The sell them at Big W and Coles for just over $5 a pop..They seem like they are just a liquid version of dextrose to me.. Is that right ?

I'm not sure what it is, but I tried it once and the result was really bad. could have been a lot of other factors, but I won't be going back there.

Has anyone ever used one of these ? The sell them at Big W and Coles for just over $5 a pop..They seem like they are just a liquid version of dextrose to me.. Is that right ?

I used it once ages ago, it was just clear syrup stuff. I cant remember what sort of beer I put it in but I remember it had a strong metalic taste. I would recomend going to a HBS and buying some morgans or coopers liquid malt.

Is there anything written on the tin about the contents? Haven't used the stuff for many years, but I do recall that a tin I looked at included the word glucose, which is dextrose.

If it says sucrose, stay well away as this is just table sugar.

You would be better off spending the money on a decent dried malt/dextrose/maltodextrin mix.

Is there anything written on the tin about the contents? Haven't used the stuff for many years, but I do recall that a tin I looked at included the word glucose, which is dextrose.

If it says sucrose, stay well away as this is just table sugar.

You would be better off spending the money on a decent dried malt/dextrose/maltodextrin mix.

It says "maize starch" on the can.. I will use ldme instead.. Was just interested to see if this was any good.. Thanks for the replies..

It says "maize starch" on the can.. I will use ldme instead.. Was just interested to see if this was any good.. Thanks for the replies..

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to home brew, but I used this in a wheat beer a couple batches ago and didn't have any problems with it. Like others have already mentioned, you are better off spending a few extra $'s and buying from your LHBS as they can at least provide you some advice on how it might affect the beer.

If it says "maize starch", you are buying corn syrup.

Back