19Ltr Cornelius Keg refill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavcol

Reaction score
Hi,
Just got back in the game with a new kegerator after the last one died.
Have 2 brews on but wont be ready in time for having a few lads over for a poker night in 2 weeks.
Where can I get 19ltr refills in Sydney (metro) these days ?

Did a search already. Found some brew search sites like beer crawler which included venues that stated they did 19ltr refills but when I clicked through to their website there's nothing about refills.
Found some sites/venues offering refills for $170+ which is not in my budget for 19ltrs.
Is there anywhere else for more reasonable prices ($60-100) ?

Thanks
Gav

2 weeks should be able to brew an amber ale and clear + carb in that time if you use kveik and pressure ferment in one of the kegs then cold crash and closed transfer. With a few days to spare.
Or brew a dark beer and you won't have to worry about it clearing.

2 weeks is more than enough to have a brew done. Get off the forum and get brewing haha!

Lol... ya technically it can be done but not gonna taste great. I used to leave them sit for 6-8 weeks before. advice back then was leave for more than 3 months but could never wait that long !! ;)

Not true, you can brew a great tasting beer in under a week.

Jayzus !!! that's a bit different from the advice I received back when I last brewed.
Is it new types of yeast/malt that allows this ?
Any recommendations for a yeast/malt combo that would allow only a week or so to brew & carbonate the 19ltr cornelius kegs ?
If only a week then I'll give it a bash and see how it goes.

It'll be fresh, but acceptable, yep, pressure ferment say 15~20psi, make an ale 20º+ Celcius , monitor the OG~FG journey, yes it can be done, and I have done it! Of course it gets better as the weeks tick by sitting in the cans, but if you're in a hurry, it can be done as a freshy.

There’s a bunch of styles you can have ready to go in 2 weeks.
Hefeweizen can go from grain to brain in 7 days easily and still be amazing. Similarly, a golden ale with 80% ale malt, 20% wheat, clean bittering hop and few late additions of galaxy can also be good to go in 2 weeks.

You don’t need a pressure fermenter or fancy yeast, just the right style and a fast fermenting yeast and you’ll be sweet.

JD.

Jayzus !!! that's a bit different from the advice I received back when I last brewed.
Any recommendations for a yeast/malt combo that would allow only a week or so to brew & carbonate the 19ltr cornelius kegs ?

For xmas i brewed a wheat beer,50% toasted wheat/50% vienna malt, Hallertau original hops WB06 yeast.
Was pretty much done in 3 days but i let it sit a couple of days then bulk primed .

You don’t need a pressure fermenter or fancy yeast, just the right style and a fast fermenting yeast and you’ll be sweet.
Yeah, but if you do the pressure ferm, then you save on CO2 and time spent getting the bubbles in there eh!
Which means gettin it down the old gullet sooner :drinkingbeer:

Look into Kveik yeast - I've had batches fully ferment in less than 3 days, and can handle higher temperatures. Have just turned over a batch in a week using it. There are some styles that will naturally align with the yeast flavours and phenols - Hazy IPAs for example. Cheers

Latest posts

Back