1469 At Grain And Grape

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxymoo

Reaction score
hey just wanted to let people know, i was in at grain and grape last week and they said that they were expecting a shipment of wyeast 1469 west yorkshire yeast this week.

last month i brewed a dr smurto landlord which was my first experience with liquid yeast, and my first experience with an english style ale. well it was the best damn beer i've ever made! i've got a repeat in the fermenter at the moment.

i'm using the wyeast "ringwood ale" because that was what i could get. but i'm gonna try it with the 1469 next!

can definitely recommend the wlp037 yorkshire square if you cant get the 1469

May be wrong but I think I heard from CraftBrewer that Wyeast are going to be doing 1469 as a permanent release. GnG may be able to confirm.

Woot Woot

1469 was released in October- December of last year... so i've been waiting for it to be released same time this year.

Will have to put my order in then, to replenish my slants from last year

Last time there was a two year gap, but if they make it an Annual that's a step in the right direction.

No permanent release now. Was a thought, but needed to buy about 160 packs a month... I think 10 came in....

Looks like its still in the seasonal stable. :( Should be at all decent HBSes any day now, in fact note its at CB already, manufactured 6th October. B)

I've still got 2 left from January. Smacked my last December dated one a couple of weeks ago for a Yorkie and it came up hard in one day and started beautifully.

Edit: if you have a good cold fridge that sits just above freezing I'd recommend getting in a years' supply, you should have no problems with viability.

Wy1469 has indeed been released as a seasonal for Oct-Dec quarter.
Fedex is winging it's way to Adelaide with some at the moment. Due in Friday afternoon.
Cheers
Nige

Back