110v stcs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick search on ebay turned up a bunch of 220/240 V to 110 V converters. I'm not sure how much more you'd want to spend but they seem to be from about $10 up to $30 or so. Also they seem to be Euro/UK/US plugs. But I'm sure if you took more than the 30 sec I spent searching you'd find the right type.

I did exactly the same thing once..
It is gathering dust on the shelf in the garage..
("I might need it one day!")

I found it was about the same to buy a new 240v one than buy a converter...

Offer them up on a US forum ;)

Shipping is as much as the units.

They will be firmware modded so I guess I could get a little more for them.

Moad said:
Shipping is as much as the units.

They will be firmware modded so I guess I could get a little more for them.
Zackly

verysupple said:
A quick search on ebay turned up a bunch of 220/240 V to 110 V converters. I'm not sure how much more you'd want to spend but they seem to be from about $10 up to $30 or so. Also they seem to be Euro/UK/US plugs. But I'm sure if you took more than the 30 sec I spent searching you'd find the right type.
I bought a step down transformer for an electric knife sharpener I bought from the states. Cost about $30 but it's heavy, relatively noisy and there's no way I'd leave it on for days at a time. Would be cheaper for someone in Oz to buy a 240v stc but you might recoup half your costs selling o/seas? Actually, considering the $AU and delivery costs, maybe not.

What is wrong with the idiot seller sending a 110v to Australia even if you did order a 110v.

Yeah, a little bit annoying but ultimately my fault.

It didn't say on the description, only if you drill down into the specifications does it say 110v.

Anyway, if anyone wants a custom firmware stc 1000+ 110v pm me. I'll put them up on ebay and US forums if not

Bet you could order an exact replacement transformer. Or just use a wallwart and remove transformer

Do you mean the one on the board stux?

If I had a steady hand and could get the same part as is on the 220V stcs I could give it a crack. I think I have some 5amp ones I could pilfer the transformers from, I am assuming the 5amp relates to the relays

pcmfisher said:
What is wrong with the idiot seller sending a 110v to Australia even if you did order a 110v.
Clearly the sellers fault, supplying what was ordered ;)

Moad said:
Do you mean the one on the board stux?

If I had a steady hand and could get the same part as is on the 220V stcs I could give it a crack. I think I have some 5amp ones I could pilfer the transformers from, I am assuming the 5amp relates to the relays
Yep. If you have a 240V unit, or can open one up, you may even be able to find the exact specs and a drop-in replacement. You're right though, the 5A version will probably have very close to the same controller and thus I imagine voltage requirements. STC-1000 uses a PIC controller.

http://au.element14.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?st=pcb+transformer&catalogId=15001&categoryId=800000000434&langId=43&storeId=10184

Although, buying singles looks more expensive than a new STC :)

Alternatively, just cut out the transformer and use a DC plugpack. You can get them for like $2-3 on ebay

For example: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-AC-100-240V-DC-12V-Adapter-Converter-Power-Supply-AU-Plug-/141477132186?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20f0b1b79a

$_12.JPG

IMG_20150305_195205.jpg

For completeness of the thread, here is the before shot. I'll swap the 230v transformer on to the flashable board. Then make the 110v a DC powered unit as a keezer spare.

Will update with the result

Spiesy said:
Clearly the sellers fault, supplying what was ordered ;)
So even if an obviously incorrect order comes through (ie 110v to AU) the seller shouldn't waste their time sending a quick email to possibly avoid sending the wrong thing? :huh:

OK, my expectations may be too high. :unsure:

its more likely that the person buying will know their countries power requirements better than the seller.

What annoys me is that it wasn't obvious, you had to go into the detailed specs to find it.

Latest posts

Back