• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

100+ dozen free* bottles - Northern NSW

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lincoln2

Reaction score
Recently, a long time homebrewer in town passed away and left 4000+ bottles to his mates. I have snagged a few as his family were going to take them to the tip for recycling! I have a surplus of approximately 100 dozen. They are all 750ml crown tops; a mixture of Coopers, NSW Bottle Company, CUB, XXXX and Pick Axe (SA).

They are slightly dusty/dirty but not filthy, having been in shed storage for a while. I bleach-bath them for a day or two and they come up great.

I am located in Kyogle, Northern NSW.

*The free in the title means exactly that. However a 3 ute convoy took most of the morning to transport the bottles to my brewery. As such any payment for a handling/storage charge would be most welcome. Payment to be made in 750ml increments of good home brewwed beer; no American style IPA (or other super hoppy US rubbish) or low strength beer.

Cheers.

P.S. 4000 bottles is a truly beautiful sight. If only they were full.
P.P.S. R.I.P. Basil.

Bottles 004.JPG

I only count 168 dz.... where are you hiding the rest...... :D

G

ps. Makes my 32 dz look lame !.

Growler: Many dozens already claimed by the Kyogle Malt Worms Brew Collective. No more scrounging, begging, borrowing ( but never stealing?).

Yob: Yes, if I had a dollar for every litre he brewed I'd be on the next plane to Belgium.

. You mean to say, basil had nearly three times that amount? What a legend. You, my friend, are approaching legend status for saving them! My newly acquired 120 will do me for now, otherwise!

Those Pick axe bottles are beauties. I used to buy Southwark Stout in them. Pretty good stout too if i remember up around 7%

Back