$10 Lowenbrau 6-pack At Bws

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Stumbled over this voucher for a 6-pack of Lowenbrau at BWS for $10, valid till 1/11/09

BWS Voucher

I just went and picked myself up a sixer, couldn't resist at that price.

Also noticed that 1st Choice has James Squire Sundown Lager for $44.90 a case.

cheers,
cliffo

I assume you got a paper coupon - where from? I would imagine that if I print off a copy of that PDF and present it to our local BWS I'd get laughed out of the store?

I just printed mine from the PDF, cut it out and handed it over with my $10, no questions asked.

Just been, it works!

BTW whole case is $43 and Horgaarden for $50 a case

Just been, it works!

BTW whole case is $43 and Horgaarden for $50 a case
hmmmm Lowenbrau for $43 or Hoegaarden for $50. not much of a brain teaser is it. cough up the extra $7 for a far better beer.

Fat Yak is on special at the local Coles bottlo for $48 a case. Split it with my brother as we're both keen to see what the bottled version is like after hitting it up when we were at the snow this year.

$10 lowenbrau, I'd just get Hollandia for ~$32 a case from the same palce as above. Bloody hard to beat for the price.

- boingk

$50 FOR HOEY???

Is it B.U.L.? I'll be dropping by on the way home for that one.

Two for 25 bucks here, not doing you any favours. You guys on the mainland do well.

:(

Fat Yak is on special at the local Coles bottlo for $48 a case. Split it with my brother as we're both keen to see what the bottled version is like after hitting it up when we were at the snow this year.

$10 lowenbrau, I'd just get Hollandia for ~$32 a case from the same palce as above. Bloody hard to beat for the price.

- boingk

+1 with the Hollandia, I collect the nice tall green 660ml bottles and bottle off a lot of my lageresque brews in them. Got three for $11 on Wednesday. Can't complain too much, really nice Euro hop aroma burst, 5% alcohol, all Dutch and just as good as Heineken, brewed down the road . However I'll certainly try the Lowenbrau, I think the last bottle I had was in 1980.

I assume you got a paper coupon - where from? I would imagine that if I print off a copy of that PDF and present it to our local BWS I'd get laughed out of the store?

Works a treat. They usually send out one per month via e-mail if you're subscribed to the BWS newsletter. They occasionally have some OK offers, but just stay away from the Barefoot Radler thing they offered last year... tragically oversweet alco-pop tasting teenage girly liquid in a bottle.

One per person per day, but there's no reason for you to do it, then the missus then go to another shop and and and... :)

Cheers - Fermented.

+1 with the Hollandia, I collect the nice tall green 660ml bottles and bottle off a lot of my lageresque brews in them. Got three for $11 on Wednesday. Can't complain too much, really nice Euro hop aroma burst, 5% alcohol, all Dutch and just as good as Heineken, brewed down the road . However I'll certainly try the Lowenbrau, I think the last bottle I had was in 1980.
And if you can find it... $29 ish for a slab of Cintra... Nice, cheap, and brown 330ml bottles the main selling point.
Any chance someone can post the pdf for me... got IT issues here.

Oettinger is at Uncle Dan's for $29.90 at the moment. Not bad for a German mass-market Pilsener and has quite decent tall slim brown bottles. Shame that it's just shrink-wrapped onto a tray and not in a proper box.

Is there anything around on the cheap in a proper box and 500 ml or bigger per bottle? I'm running out of glass at the moment...

Cheers - Fermented.

I printed off the coupon, they scanned it and it went beep and I got my 6pack for $10. However......

My God this beer is a shadow of its former self. There is hardly any hop character. A few months ago I posted a Thread "the gremlins have stolen my Saaz". I did a pure malt Bo Pils with 125 of Saaz and after lagering the hop had almost disappeared. I kept the beer and a few months later I still have about 20 bottles of it. It has improved out of sight and you can now taste a pleasant floral hoppiness and a slight bitterness. After drinking a couple of Lowenbrau just now I got out a bottle of my Bo Pils that was in the fridge and tried it. It has more hop character than the LowenBrau.
Anyway $10 and 5.2% ABV I'm not ripped off.

Yep - gotta agree on the 'new' Lowenbrau. It's cold, foreign and contains enough alcohol for a warm afternoon so it's OK - but a far cry from the flavoursome and quaffable steins at the Keller in Sydney ten years ago.

Ah - nostalgia!

Cheers - Fermented.

Oettinger is at Uncle Dan's for $29.90 at the moment. Not bad for a German mass-market Pilsener and has quite decent tall slim brown bottles. Shame that it's just shrink-wrapped onto a tray and not in a proper box.

Is there anything around on the cheap in a proper box and 500 ml or bigger per bottle? I'm running out of glass at the moment...

Cheers - Fermented.

Picked up Hansa Pils 500ml 6-pack for $15 at local BWS in Newcastle - case price is normally around $60 anyway - good bottles at the right price for a fairly decent lager

Cliff

Latest posts

Back