1/2" Copper Tube

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony M

Reaction score
Bunnings in Balcatta are clearing this stuff at $7.00/3metre roll. I don't know if this is nation wide and 3 metres is not that useful on its own, but if one is able to swage and solder, they could make themselves a cheap cooling coil.

Check out this thread. Bunnings in Morley have 18m coils for $39, and 6m for $15. Not all Bunnings have it though... Kalamunda is still flogging it for $120 for the 18m roll.

I was chatting to a plumber on a job site i'm working on who said the reason its so cheap is that it came from China and Bunnings had had "issues" with it splitting at mains pressure over a period of time...be ok for our purposes though

I was chatting to a plumber on a job site i'm working on who said the reason its so cheap is that it came from China and Bunnings had had "issues" with it splitting at mains pressure over a period of time...be ok for our purposes though

Sounds like a roumor, not a fact. I may have to find out. It is a deleted status line.

QldKev

Sounds like total China-bashing bollocks. There is no way that Bunnings would knowingly sell a product not-fit-for-purpose (and potentially downright dangerous), at a discount or otherwise.

Sounds like total China-bashing bollocks. There is no way that Bunnings would knowingly sell a product not-fit-for-purpose (and potentially downright dangerous), at a discount or otherwise.

Absolute BULLSHIT! Are you sure about that statement?

Anyone, especially tradies amongst us, notice the cheap aluminium trestles have gone up in price by 30%. Why? Because tradies were using them and getting hurt. Basically fell apart and did not comply to standard. Did they withdraw them from the market? No they sold them out first and then reintroduced them at the higher price.

Considering ALL items sold are on consignment I would suggest that the wholesaler is the culprit here. Bunnings is just the retail outlet gouging away.

Besides this isn't China bashing numb nuts. Merely stating the country of origin of product doesn't constitute a bashing. Why does every politically correct idiot have to pull the race card whenever a country is mentioned? Hell bells get a grip!

Chap Chap

Bunnings did have some imported copper tubing around 6-9 months ago that they advertised really cheap. When I went to get some they didn't have any available. The guy I spoke to said they removed it from sale because it didn't meet the aussie standards. I told him what I want it for (a chiller) and he said that regardless of what I wanted it for he could not sell it to me because it was illegal. Said he had a huge pile of the stuff out the back that would have to be returned to the supplier because they couldn't sell it.

garyd.

Latest posts

Back