Zombie Apocalpyse - So How Do I Get Yeast?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread because while watching The Walking Dead one night I thought to myself, How the hell would you brew beer if this ever did happen..

Im taking notes... :icon_cheers:

Funny you said that, I thought the same thing :D

So everyone whos posting here are zombie fans yeah? Glad to know i'm not the only one :beerbang: (truth betold they give me some horrific nightmares, but i cant stop watching them)

Some num nuts will prob try brewing with zombie parts. Pychotropic effects or soomething. Zombie yeaat...

Some num nuts will prob try brewing with zombie parts. Pychotropic effects or soomething. Zombie yeaat...

Ah, but is it included as part of the boil or pitched? The boil would at least sanitise the zombification virus.........perhaps......

Are you infected by a bite alone or consumption of zombie parts?

Zombie Beer

Original Gravity (OG): 1.039 (P): 9.8
Final Gravity (FG): 1.010 (P): 2.6
Alcohol (ABV): 3.83 %
Colour (SRM): 4.1 (EBC): 8.1
Bitterness (IBU): 27.2 (Average)

100% Pale Ale Malt

0.7 g/L Wild Hops (15.4% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil)

87.0 g/L Zombie Flesh @ 15 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 63C for 60 Minutes. Boil for 60 Minutes

Fermented at 25C with Ale yeast

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

:D

Throw this in the boil at 60 mins and you should be right.

WalkingDead640_s640x427_1_s640x427.jpg

I like to first-wort zombie. The trick is not to get oxidised zombie off-flavours.

So everyone whos posting here are zombie fans yeah? Glad to know i'm not the only one :beerbang: (truth betold they give me some horrific nightmares, but i cant stop watching them)

Oh yes, I've been a devoted fan for some years. Favorite would be Dawn of the Dead - (the modern remake) closely followed by Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland.

Oh yes, I've been a devoted fan for some years. Favorite would be Dawn of the Dead - (the modern remake) closely followed by Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland.
A B-grade zombie comedy worth seeing would be Deadheads.

But will cube-zombieing result in over extraction of zombieness?

Interesting thread because while watching The Walking Dead one night I thought to myself, How the hell would you brew beer if this ever did happen..

Im taking notes... :icon_cheers:
I'd be concentrating on survival, Until you find a secure gated community with room for hops & grain farming, then providing no one else knows how to brew, you'd be very welcome to join & contribute!

:unsure:

Dont forget - http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0812219996/r...0040&sr=8-2

This one is very interesting and would make a great addition to a modern well-healed brewer's bookshelf...

I've been doing medieval and renaissance brewing for 20 years now and everyday is a surprise... Like finding out one of my liqueur recipes was actually a perfume recipe... :unsure: Still, it tastes good :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back