Your Xmas Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel80

Reaction score
How did it turn out?

Just Pulled the 1st trial pint of my Paddy's Xmas Ale v3.0 and it is better than I could have imagined. 1 more sleep and that keg is getting some hurt!

Here's hoping all of yours have hit the mark too.
:beer:

Cheers,
D80

Slab of Coopers Larger for me, ...I had to empty my keg fridge to make way for salads and lemonade it's Christmas at our joint this year and "we need the fridge space." I've got 2 jerrycans of Pale Ale that've been sitting at .5 degree for a week that will tide me over the New Years break.

Fresh Pale Ale drinking like a beauty last night, a couple of cartons of backup's in the fridge.
Certainly no beer problems at this little black duck's.

American Brown Ale (bring on the malt and caramel), French Saison (not as nice as previous batches, much milder but still nice), Blonde ale (that's a little too bitter) and a fresh Cooper's Canadain Blonde (standby swill for later in the day)

English bitter for me, 43 litres kegged and in the fridge with a couple of milk stouts to have with lunch and tea. (could be early night, then again could be very late.)
Cheers to you all and remember xmas is fun, its for kids, family and friends- no arguing, no spoiling the day, enjoy.
Cheers

My brews didn't make it for xmas had a period where I was never home to brew. Should be good for New Years. Have a keg of Illawarra Brewing Company Raspberry Lambic and about a third of a keg left of their IPA to keep us going though.

Did my first in 12 months a couple of weekends ago. Not ready yet - just went into CC and need a gas bottle and to find my pluto before I can keg it anyway but will crank out another tomorrow and be back in the game.
Standard apa and uk bitter, plans (and yeast) for an alt. Alt is quite possibly my favourite style (when brewed properly by me - never tried commercial, not tried many other brewers' versions).

Farmhouse Saison (Brett), Far Kin Lager, Dunkel, APA and a mix of Belgium sours.

Merry Christmas all !

Batz

Moylans Imperial Stout, boatrocker roger ramjet... Narwhal... Mornington Imperial Stout.. And loads more lush darkness

Schwarzald Dampfbier. Too easy to drink and only kegged yesterday. Hybrid (steam) ale brewed with German lager malts (pils/Munich) and wheat beer yeast. What's German for Yum?

Loaded up the fridge with some APA (Pintail type clone), a Hefe, Some kind of hybrid Doc Smurto's Golden Ale that was yeast forward and a Vienna Lager aka Grandpa's Xmas Lager which I gave a carton of to my old man and father in law to celebrate the birth of my lad 6 weeks ago. Has been a good day!

A variety of interesting beers mentioned up above!

Turns out it was the keg that put the hurt on me.....
Now where is that bacon?

Cheers,
D80

Florian said:
hmm, very much like the Dutch 'lekker', as on the label of the jar of Witte Kandij - Lekker in de thee (Delicious in the tea)

Lekker.jpg

Benn said:
Slab of Coopers Larger for me, ...I had to empty my keg fridge to make way for salads and lemonade it's Christmas at our joint this year and "we need the fridge space."
Keg Fridge is still full of leftovers, Prawn juice has leaked out the bottom seal and now the whole shed reeks and is attracting wasps. Someone smashed a longneck and everyone's trod beer all over the place.
...Tomorrow's problem, now it's time for beer and Led Zeppelin

Back