Your Fave "widget" Beers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje1980

Old Thunder brewery
Reaction score
Mine would be a toss up between boddo's and guinness. I know its kinda wrong, but i do like the nitro cans!

I've been known to stumble out of Dans with a 4 pack or two of shelf-temp cans in order to have something to consume more or less immediately. I don't think any of them are particularly offensive, but neither do any of them stand out. Boddingtons probably gets me with its nice bright cans - I am easily attracted to bright colours when tipsy.

I will every now and then buy a guiness can to check if mine is close. This is normally followed by a comment like, not very roasty is it?

Of the ones I have tried (Guinness, Boddingtons and Kilkenny) I have to vote for Boddingtons. It's a nice beer- well balanced and goes down like a treat, and it doesn't use the NO2 like a crutch in the way Guinness does.

Never tried Bodingtons but this time last winter I had a period of getting a four pack of Kilkenny or Guiness every week or so. But since then I have got right into All Grain and discovered some top notch recipes. Last 2 kegs featured Tony's LCBA clone and a recipe I had done as an extract before but never All Grain. It was a Kilkenny clone type and it was half empty before 10 glasses had been poured from the LCBA. I loved the LCBA but nothing like having a few darker beers in this cooler weather. Right now I have a dark lager on tap. I pretty much followed the award winning one on Ross's site with a couple minor changes. Tasting great!

I intend on having a darker beer on tap at all times until Septemberish!
Just realised I have gone right off topic! Sorry, continue on!

John Smiths, I find it easier to drink than water!

I dont often buy beer, but im still getting my kegs and brews up and running in the new place, so i've been buying beer now and then. I like UK beers so i usually grab wells, TTL etc, but i like the nitro beers as well, and i wondered who likes them also. I really like the creamy head and smoothness of them. Really need a beer engine hehe.

Should have first brew fermenting tomorrow so in a week, i should have my first bitter for the new house ready to drink.

Boddingtons Pub Ale or Tettleys English Ale

Latest posts

Back