You Know Your Local Is Awsome

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my local i would not drink in,unless it served some good microbrewery beer ,not just VB/Blonde and food to match

Remember to drop me a line too if you are down.......I'm sure we owe you guys a lunch :p
I was indeed thinking of you as well, my little glasshopper. - An Inner West roundup would be the go.

having lived and worked in newtown prior to the purported 2000 cleanup, i learnt to deal with these beggars

i had developed a strategy of reverse perception

i made eye contact with the beggar, and acted quickly, before they took any first move, i would assertively step toward them and say "mate, you got a dollar" or " you got a smoke matey"

guaranteed they would never bother you again, thinking they had encroached on someone elses 'begging turf'

haha yes them bro's in Refern.
SWMBO's sister was visiting from Beacon Hill and she flew into Bris, took the airport train to Fortitude Valley and I met her there after work. She got begged off and gave the unfortunate person $10. So when I was in King Street last, near the M.L.K mural, a rather faces-of-meth lady approached me and panhandled and I said "Sure, just repaying a favour" and gave her $10 :p

NSW 1 - QLD 1

Hey PH we'll have to have a jar when I'm down, hopefully in July if Allah spares me. :drinks:

Edit: do you live in a terrace house? I'd love to take some interiors.

My local will be getting 2 kegs of Coopers Vintage latter in the year...

:icon_chickcheers:

Hey PH we'll have to have a jar when I'm down, hopefully in July if Allah spares me. :drinks:

Edit: do you live in a terrace house? I'd love to take some interiors.

Sounds great! And no, I live in a single-storey semi & we're currently looking for a new place... (around the mean streets of Marrickville) :lol:

That's the problem you've only been living there for what, about 10 years?

They cleaned it up around about 2000

They cleaned up the entire city around 2000 - before that five ring circus came to town. But yes, I do remember newtown being full of junkies, hippies & other assorted punks in the 90's..

The only thing that sucks about the place now is the lack of a good microbrew pub (...and the yuppies). :)

Latest posts

Back