Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altstart

Reaction score
Anybody used WLP022 Essex Ale Yeast and can tell me who sells it here in Ozz or where I can get a sample or a slant. I am itching to get my hands on this yeast.
Cheers Altstart

Is it a limited release/platinum strain?
The Brew Shop is the only site-sponsors who sell WhiteLabs yeast (that I'm aware of), so my may like to contact them and ask.

Mr Malty's website indicates that its a premium strain and only available certain times of the year (March through till April)

Edit: Forgot to mention that sadly, there is no wyeast equivalent...

Anybody used WLP022 Essex Ale Yeast and can tell me who sells it here in Ozz or where I can get a sample or a slant. I am itching to get my hands on this yeast.
Cheers Altstart

Jim,

Contacted Mel a while back looking for some, she advised it was seasonal, only available around Feb each year. So want to try this yeast, going to culture some from white rabbit bottles until I can get my hands on some. White Rabbit bottles in the fridge here for that very purpose were sacrificed at the weekend during our anniversary party, no thought was given to saving the yeast at the time :lol: Oh well back to Dan's.......

Screwy

Thanks for the info guys. Still looking for this one.
Cheers Altstart

Back