Yeast Mixup Again!

• Thread starter bindi
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bindi

Done it again :huh: not taken my glasses to the yeast bank and made up the wrong yeast starter, done this I think 3 or 4 times this year.
The last 2 being Wyeast 1338 when 1335 was required and yesterday 3725 Saison when what I wanted was 3787 Trappist, makes good beer and some surprise results doing this.
Having a double brew day and a few taste tests with jayandcath and Screwtop yesterday may have put my "beer goggles" on and not my reading glasses. :lol:

He he... I accidently threw an english ale yeast (Whitbread 1066 I think) into an APA last week.
Its dropped to 1025 so far and tastes decidedly like a Hef.
Weird.
I look forward to the end result.
:)

Having seen your yeast fridge bindi, I can't say I'm too suprised :p . Very well stocked, plenty of variety and a somewhat "unique" catalogueing system :lol:

I'm sure it'll still turn out well - another Saison-Stout maybe?

My wife being a libaraian will not touch my yeast bank and improve my catalogueing skills Joe. :(
Joe know anybody who can help?

It gets worse :( it's Bire de Garde 3725 not 3724 Saison. :huh:

I did something similar last night, was pitching what I thought was a sachet of the craftbrewer pack nottingham into my k&K ginger beer, only to realise that was in fact the WB-06 yeast :huh:

Should taste interesting, although I'm not expecting a huge amount of esters to be thrown from a brew with an OG of 1018 :D

Back