Wtf? Micro-brewery For Sale?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you break the cost down, some are what it's cost me, others are estimates.

4 cornies $220
2 plutos $150
Fridge $100
Frame $100
3 kegs $180
Copper $100
Welding $300
Parts $100
Thermoters $100
Temp cont $50.
Elec elemt $50
2 burner $100
Gas and reg $300

So around $1850

If we round up $2,000 total cost

+$1000 for 5 dozen empty and clean longnecks

Do you think the husband knows the wife's selling his brewery?!

+$1000 for 5 dozen empty and clean longnecks

Do you think the husband knows the wife's selling his brewery?!

or that the bloke's using his wife/sister/mother's fleabay account?

or that the bloke's using his wife/sister/mother's fleabay account?

Yes, I realise this -

it would be more amusing if it were a sneaky-sell-of-the-brewery-by-the-wife jobbie than i'm-using-my-wifes-ebay-account.

Though I am looking to source some unmalted barley from a work mate who knows some farmers around ardrossan area - going to try my hand at some home malting.

This thread seems to be going all over the place so I thought I'd sidetrack it too!

I heard recently of people roasting their own malt by the following (small batch) method:
* malted grain in a bread oven (one of those auto jobbies with a stirrer in the bottom), lid open and then a heat gun (as per for stripping paint) fired into the turning grain.

I have been AG'ing for about 5 years. I get all my ingrediants mailed either from craftbrewer or beerbelly. If I drive back to Adelaide then I may pick some up there. Otherwise I just get a pallet of grain sent up :) Though I am looking to source some unmalted barley from a work mate who knows some farmers around ardrossan area - going to try my hand at some home malting.

Does your brother brew?

yeah I'm going to give this a crack too - trying to learn about it now actually :)

Sad, after 11 brews it looks like another brewer got carried away by buying goodies and now it has to be flogged off due to lack of interest/excess weight gain/alcholism/who knows what reason. You see it a bit here, people start, get all gung ho and in 18 months, they are gone.
That could explain the missing 17,000 members of this site. ;)
GB

Yes, I realise this -

it would be more amusing if it were a sneaky-sell-of-the-brewery-by-the-wife jobbie than i'm-using-my-wifes-ebay-account.

That's assuming that:
a) The woman has a husband, and
B) That it's he, and not she, that does the brewing.

That's assuming that:
a) The woman has a husband, and
B) That it's he, and not she, that does the brewing.

OK yes thats true.

you know that time I said I wonder if the husband knows the wifes selling the setup, it was a joke, and takes on a number of presumptions for the joke to work, and also strays away from the reality of the husband using someone elses ebay account to offer the home brewery up for sale. For this joke, i am sorry.

I start my bid at $80 :)

it was a joke, and takes on a number of presumptions for the joke to work
The first being that everyone is a sexist *********. Can everyone stop pretending we're all either cavemen or militant proto-feminists and go back to talking about the rig? You know, something we hopefully have some sort of clue about?

I don't claim to have any clue. I just looked at the rig and thought, no, microbrewery, really? I figured I was missing something.

I don't claim to have any clue. I just looked at the rig and thought, no, microbrewery, really? I figured I was missing something.

I looked at the rig and thought amusingly to myself:

I wonder if the husband knows the wife is selling his brewery

The first being that everyone is a sexist *********. Can everyone stop pretending we're all either cavemen or militant proto-feminists and go back to talking about the rig? You know, something we hopefully have some sort of clue about?

You dont have to be a sexist ********* to find the notion of a wife selling her husbands brewery amusing.

Imagine the commotionwhen he gets home! oh the hilarity!

Sorry yes, youre right. Stop talking about funny things. What does everyone think about the rig?

The rig looks like it was made by a 21st century caveman. I envy it.

About 3 months ago I passed the fodder store at Angle Vale selling at $11.50 for a 30kg bag.

If your lucky if you might get Flagstaff which supposedly what Coopers used, I've seen it being sold at the Gawler Produce Auctions about a year or two ago.

About 3 months ago I passed the fodder store at Angle Vale selling at $11.50 for a 30kg bag.

If your lucky if you might get Flagstaff which supposedly what Coopers used, I've seen it being sold at the Gawler Produce Auctions about a year or two ago.

Great item A+++++++ Will buy again

You dont have to be a sexist ********* to find the notion of a wife selling her husbands brewery amusing.

Imagine the commotionwhen he gets home! oh the hilarity!

Sorry yes, youre right. Stop talking about funny things. What does everyone think about the rig?

The sexism is in assuming it wasn't her rig to sell.

Dooh, bidding ended ...must have been my report of stolen items to the Ebay cops that scared folks off ... yes those DIN kegs were not legally acquired ...

Scotty

Back