• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb Cascade Rhizome

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobo

Reaction score
hi all. am looking to grow my 1st lot of hops at home and wish to buy a decent size cascade rhizome. im not really interested in growing it up, i would like to get a harvest in its first season if i could, so im willing to pay a bit more. im from adelaide and im sure i could add a few beers into the payment if i was to pick it up.

also can anyone tell me how im going to go growing one hop in a half winebarrel?

cheers,

Lobo

hi all. am looking to grow my 1st lot of hops at home and wish to buy a decent size cascade rhizome. im not really interested in growing it up, i would like to get a harvest in its first season if i could, so im willing to pay a bit more. im from adelaide and im sure i could add a few beers into the payment if i was to pick it up.

also can anyone tell me how im going to go growing one hop in a half winebarrel?

cheers,

Lobo

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grow-Hops/

Can't help you with the rhizome supply, if you find some cheap let me know.

But as for growing in a wine barrel fine, so long as you do the following.

1. Use potting mix - not garden soil
2. create some sort of trellis to give it a place to grow
3. keep it watered NEVER let it dry out
4. Make sure it gets some decent sunlight - otherwise you'll just have a privacy screen that gives no crop.

my 2c worth - for what it's worth

look!! a sig update :)
Fermenter1: empty - no fridge space
Fermenter2: Modified ESB kit Czech Pilsner
Fermenter3: Bostons Czech Pilsner
cubed: Modified ESB kit Bavarian Lager
conditioner/lagering: Scratch Extract Pilsner brew - recipe will be posted if good
Drinking Scratch Extract Vienna style lager - not good enough to post -but good enough to drink
Next brew Leftover Scottish ale

Latest posts

Back