• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Budget Roller Mill, Marga Or Similar.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atkinsonr

Reaction score
Hi all.
Am looking for a grain mill, roller type. At $260+ the MillMaster is a bit exy for me right now.

Have seen Margas listed at ~ $125, but no one seems to have them in stock.

Anyone able to steer me in the right direction?

thanks very much!

Richy

Can highly recommend Monster Mills. They're about $160 Australian. Excluding shipping for the basic 2 roller model. So I'd say you can have one landed at your door for less than $200.

I moved up to one of these from a Marga. Margas are good but if you're going to be cracking grain for a long time the Monster will have far more longevity.

Fred is a great guy to deal with as well.

No affiliation just love mine. :)

Warren -

Hi all.

Have seen Margas listed at ~ $125, but no one seems to have them in stock.

Richy

Richy,

Marga's have cleaed customs - will be back in stock mid next week.

Cheer Ross

Richy

I have just finished my new mill and would be willing to part with the old one. It is fully motorised including motor, chain and all sprockets bar 1 (stolen for new mill but easly and cheeply replaced. 250mm ish rollers out of 50mm light knerled stainless. The mill itself is assembled but the frame is no longer as it was modafied into the new mill. PM me if interested

Regards Derrick

+1 for the monster its a great little mill

But Derrick's offer sounds good also (got some pics mate)

Kleiny

Thanks all, I knew I could rely on AHB.

The monster mill does look the business.
Derrick, will PM you, but some pics on the thread would be great!

thanks again.

I would like about $150 plus postage. I would include the mill as discribed above witch is a usable 200mm of 50mm diameter 316 stainless roller, 300w 24vdc motor complete with dc speed controller and pot, stainless hopper that holds about 14kg grain, chain and chain guard. The only things missing is the sprocket for the motor ($7 ish from oatley electronics) and the frame to mount everything as this is now part of the new mill.

Regards Derrick

IMGP1710.JPG

IMGP1712.JPG

IMGP1713.JPG

I would like about $150 plus postage. I would include the mill as discribed above witch is a usable 200mm of 50mm diameter 316 stainless roller, 300w 24vdc motor complete with dc speed controller and pot, stainless hopper that holds about 14kg grain, chain and chain guard. The only things missing is the sprocket for the motor ($7 ish from oatley electronics) and the frame to mount everything as this is now part of the new mill.

Regards Derrick

Thanks Derrick it looks the goods but the missus has (I believe) very generously taken my oh-so-not-subtle hint about the monster mill that Warren mentioned and my upcoming birthday.

How did you find that motor, was it from Oatley?

Richy

The motor, sprockets and chain all came from Oatley

Regards Derrick

Back