Woohoo..Daylight saving...except QLD

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
So if my wife currently gets up at 5am to be at work by 6am, after daylight savings she is effectively getting up at 4am to be at work by 5am.

Personally for us (everyone is different) we would prefer an extra free hour to get outside in the cool of the morning rather than in the heat of the evening.

I daresay your motorcycle would run better in the morning with some cool air.

peteru said:
Meh, daylight savings is not the issue. It's the silly idea that things have to happen at a set time. Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, go to bed when you are tired, wake up when you had enough sleep, shop when you need stuff. Stop being sheeple! :p
With you on that one

good4whatAlesU said:
So if my wife currently gets up at 5am to be at work by 6am, after daylight savings she is effectively getting up at 4am to be at work by 5am.

Personally for us (everyone is different) we would prefer an extra free hour to get outside in the cool of the morning rather than in the heat of the evening.

I daresay your motorcycle would run better in the morning with some cool air.
I cant do 3hrs of motorcycling before work

I used to ride dirt bikes, still have an old XR600 in the brother in laws farm shed.

Riding that beast on a hot summers afternoon was out of the question. It was temperamental enough on a good day. My favourite riding was in winter up amongst the snowline in the southern alps.

As I said, I cant get 3hrs of motorcycling in before wokr

Dont worry, ridding in the searing heat is no fun

good4whatAlesU said:
I used to ride dirt bikes, still have an old XR600 in the brother in laws farm shed.

. It was temperamental enough on a good day.
Reminds me of the easy to start very time and highly reliable YZ465's & YZ490's

droid said:
is WA back in?

I don't care for it myself, as an early riser and early go-to-bedder I'd prefer the sun up early and sun down when I go to sleep
Nar not WA either. It's a pain because now we're 3 hours behind.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Its hot regardless...that extra hour makes SFA difference in the end

And yeah...forgot about the confused curtains and faded cows
you just made their argument for them[emoji106][emoji57]

Ducatiboy stu said:
Reminds me of the easy to start very time and highly reliable YZ465's & YZ490's
Lol. Yeah I had an IT400 for a while too. I recall the time the throttle locked on full and threw me into a ditch... Ahh the 80's those were the days, flannelette t-shirt was all a man needed for protection.

I only weighed about 65kg back then so had to jump about 6ft in the air and come down hard to turn the ******* over - geez we were fit in those days.

Starting work earlier is the go. Who the **** wants to do shit before work. Get work over and done with and have the full afternoon to get more done.
Well that's my working 2 jobs, one being a farmer theory. I need the afternoons for all my farming jobs.
Even without being a farmer, I cannot understand why office workers want to start at 9am and finish at dark. And tradesman who hit the gym before doing a full days labour, well your clearly not working hard at work.

Wait, this is the rant thread right???

It took 2 years in Papua New Guinea for me to learn this. I've been in trouble a few times since I'm my new job about eating smoko out of set times or same with lunch. But meh, I still practise the theory. I still have to start and finish at set times, kinda.

When I was on the railways we always started early in summer... get work over and done early and enjoy the rest of the day ( occasionally in the pub if it was really hot )

shaunous said:
Starting work earlier is the go. Who the **** wants to do shit before work. Get work over and done with and have the full afternoon to get more done.
Well that's my working 2 jobs, one being a farmer theory. I need the afternoons for all my farming jobs.
Even without being a farmer, I cannot understand why office workers want to start at 9am and finish at dark. And tradesman who hit the gym before doing a full days labour, well your clearly not working hard at work.
Most tradies I know start early on the job, regardless of daylight savings...no gym for them

Spuds have grown a couple of inches in anticipation.
IMG_0532.jpg

good4whatAlesU said:
Lol. Yeah I had an IT400 for a while too. I recall the time the throttle locked on full and threw me into a ditch... Ahh the 80's those were the days, flannelette t-shirt was all a man needed for protection.

I only weighed about 65kg back then so had to jump about 6ft in the air and come down hard to turn the ******* over - geez we were fit in those days.
And a power band that went from slow to ****-where-gunna-die in an instant

Used to just tow start the YZ465...much easier

Knew blokes who did many an ankle on those fine machines

Proof enough that daylight savings is good

If it wasnt for daylight savings those spuds would only just be out of the ground, and people could starve to death

wide eyed and legless said:
Spuds have grown a couple of inches in anticipation.
attachicon.gif
IMG_0532.jpg

This all boils back to premier Joe.
He thought the sun shined out his arse, so he was not getting up an hour earlier for anyone.

YZ465 if had 1 of those beasts to train on, raced YZ250, 250 felt like a Peewee after the 465!

feralbass said:
YZ465 if had 1 of those beasts to train on, raced YZ250, 250 felt like a Peewee after the 465!
The angle finned head ?

As scary as those bikes where...they where shit loads of fun :D

Back when the engines were way stronger than the suspension could handle.... and tempermental. Hell of a lot of fun in a kind of terrifying way.

I'm pretty indifferent. I can roll with it but it doesn't make a heap of sense to alter the clock for several months in parts of the country.

Down here, seasons seem properly and reasonably seasonal, short days in winter, long days in summer.

And evenings here are actually cool, many parts of the country less so after a hot day.

Latest posts

Back