Wlp300 For 23l

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finite

All Grain Gremlin
Reaction score
Im making my heffe. today. I just got the stuff from ESB then.

I got a vial of WLP300 yeast it say for 5 gallons which is about 19L but im making mine to 23L...will this be enough yeast or will i need to add it to a pint with about 200ml of DME extract before pitching to step it up a bit?

Also i have hop pellets. can i just steep these in a stocking for the required time or should i just boil then throw the whole thing in the fermenter, hop pellets and all?

I got a vial of WLP300 yeast it say for 5 gallons which is about 19L but im making mine to 23L...will this be enough yeast or will i need to add it to a pint with about 200ml of DME extract before pitching to step it up a bit?

23L will be fine, adding it to a 500ml start will only wake to yeast up, there wil not be enough malt or time for them to multiply. If you do a bit a search around you will find that you actually need 2 vials for the correct amount of yeast to pitch, but that gets a bit expensive. Might be time for you to look into starters and splitting up your vials into about 6 or so starters for future brews.

Also i have hop pellets. can i just steep these in a stocking for the required time or should i just boil then throw the whole thing in the fermenter, hop pellets and all?

You can use the stocking or just throw the whole thing into your fermenter and then a few hours later transfer to another fermenter leaving the trub behind and pitch your yeast.

Brew on :beer:

You certainly do not need two vials for 23L when using WLP300, pitch the tube as is. Be sure to attach a blow off tube to your fermenter as that particular yeast likes to crawl out through the airlock. Remove your airlock, attach a tube and place the other end into a bottle of water.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back