Wits, Waddaya Do With Em

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have my first attempt at a belgian wit in the fermenter, it is a Blanche Oreiller clone from BYO. I have not got a clue how to deal with this beer as all my ales I usually drop to 1C for 5 days after primary then filter. I get the impression that I should be kegging without filtering as soon as primary fermentation is complete for maximun cloudiness, what do you guys do with your wits?

cheers

Browndog

Hi Folks,
I have my first attempt at a belgian wit in the fermenter, it is a Blanche Oreiller clone from BYO. I have not got a clue how to deal with this beer as all my ales I usually drop to 1C for 5 days after primary then filter. I get the impression that I should be kegging without filtering as soon as primary fermentation is complete for maximun cloudiness, what do you guys do with your wits?

cheers

Browndog

Tony - i chill for a couple of days to drop the excess yeast & then into the keg...

Cheers Ross

Hi Folks,

cheers

Browndog

You could keep the same process, & after filtration simply add a clouding agent to get the perfect result. I am sure there have been a few guys here do that in the past.
Have fun
James

You could keep the same process, & after filtration simply add a clouding agent to get the perfect result. I am sure there have been a few guys here do that in the past.
Have fun
James

A clouding agent, never heard of that before, care to expand James?

cheers

Browndog

i bottle and bulk prime straight from the primary with my wits and always get a lovely cloudy beer. some people add things like flour to make it look more cloudier. not need IMO. if your kegging why not bulk prime the keg for a natural carbonation instead of carbonating with co2 from the bottle? might be worth the experimentation

-Phill

Latest posts

Back