Wiring My Ki&bnt Tempmate Up... Help!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetfoley

Reaction score
So I got this Temp mate off ebay and now see that it isnt just a plug n play type of gig...

Any1 want to draw me up a pretty diagram of wires like the ones I've seen for the other temp mates?

Any electricians that know how to use paint on here?

20080701015112S3z1C.jpg

20080603022404156.jpg

I'll be carefull, I know that electricity isnt very friendly :angry:

So I got this Temp mate off ebay and now see that it isnt just a plug n play type of gig...

Any1 want to draw me up a pretty diagram of wires like the ones I've seen for the other temp mates?

Any electricians that know how to use paint on here?

read this thread....

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...mp;#entry616337

This should give you enough info to know what to do, if it doesnt then it means u really shouldnt be doing it. I really mean it when I say I'd hate for you to get electrocuted over this. Do u have any sparky mates, friends of friends etc....know a brewer that has one like this that you can sorta copy off?

Rendo

Sorry, but I didn't have time to look through all the thread of 8 pages worth of postings, so I might have missed that there is a wiring setup for an MTC2120.

Quite a few of the wiring instructions refer to a different device than yours so be sure to map the pins accordingly for your device.
From what I can see, the supply terminals are the same - 1 & 2
The sensor on the MTC2120 is on pins 9&10 - On the STC-1000 that appears to be pins 3&4
The cooling / fridge compressor is on pins 6&7 - On the STC-1000 its 7&8
If you wanted to wire up a heating / defrost capability then on our device that would be 3&4 - On the STC-1000 it is 5&6
I had the same device as yours but I never got to hook it up beyond a test rig where it turned on a lamp at a set temperature.

To wire them up is straight forward, however I would engage an electrician friend / acquaintant who works for a few beers.

Cheers

Roller

Aint rocket science, BUT IT IS DANGEROUS. Give this diagram to your sparky.

MTC_2120.jpg

Disclaimer: Electricity can and does kill, at no time should unqualified persons attempt electrical work. The poster advises that any electrical work should be undertaken by a licensed electrical contractor.

The heater circuit is for a defrost heater, not a heat belt. I doubt that controller is configurable to run a heat belt.

Paul

Thanks heaps Screwtop,

Its all up n running now, without a hitch.

The heater circuit is for a defrost heater, not a heat belt. I doubt that controller is configurable to run a heat belt.

Paul

Paul, yes the defrost cycle and run cycle times would suggest it is for the freezer defrost element. Couldn't see any rating on the relay contacts. Think I'd be using it to drive a 240V 30A relay to be sure, to be sure :lol:

Screwy

Back