windows 10 upgrade

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you really want to use a MS pirate copy? Including who knows what "special mods" the OS is one place I've always kept clean.

Aamcle

aamcle said:
Do you really want to use a MS pirate copy? Including who knows what "special mods" the OS is one place I've always kept clean.

Aamcle
Absofuckinglutely.

I have never used downloaded cracked copies....you never know what to expect

I have mate who is a M$ certified tech dude ( who also does our SBS server.at work )

Nothing better than a clean install from a factory disk

This topic has gone way over my head. Anyway I downloaded windows ten computer still works and the sky didn't fall in so I guess I'm satisfied.

michaeld16 said:
This topic has gone way over my head. Anyway I downloaded windows ten computer still works and the sky didn't fall in so I guess I'm satisfied.

I love the transition I made to Ubuntu, even when I change hardware, I pull my SSD out with the OS, plug it into the new hardware box and off it goes, might have some custom drivers to install, but otherwise good to go. Try do that with Windoze....... BSD BSD BSD

fraser_john said:
Try do that with Windoze.......
Or anything... :D

I have had many, many failed attempts of killing Linux.... Only have to look at Windoz and it shits the gear

Well I suppose the tiny linux minority keep on bleating but if it is that good and free why so little useage overall and I forgot all my UNIX commands back in the 70's.

One good news story on a little known Windows episode. Old HP Laptop running Pirate Win 7 no big problem 32bit with a AMD/ATI Video card that has no supported drivers these days.
Windows 10 Upgrade to 64 bit using ISO of OS while connected to the net. Clean Install off it goes starts with a generic video driver so you can actually see what is going on as it does take some time. Install finishes and then web updates take place A good few minutes later a new AMD driver downloads and installs automatically and manages to set correct resolution of 1600x800 with no intervention + was quite happy to overwrite the "Pirate" Windows 7 and activate.

I actually thought that was quite clever.

Other big problem with Linux is does not support the software I use.

DFX Audio Enhancer ?
Macrium Reflect. ?
EaseUS Todo PC Trans ?
Simple DNSCrypt ?

Just to name a few. And Firefox no thanks using Torch Browser with so many advantages it is unreal. Net Usage Item is essential.

Not managed to Crash 10 yet BSOD but did quite a few times on 7

Biggest downside to Windows 10 is the constant updates but nothing in last two weeks hurray that is one thing that does bug me.

Then again Mint seems to follow the trend of lots of updates. Can always run from the DVD without mounting.

Kind of looks like Linux has as much support as ISS in Syria... :ph34r:

As for all the anti MS spying and all the other rubbish it takes all of a few minutes to kill any of that with other free anti spyware software which is freely available.

If you know nothing about software or MS hardly likely to be able to run Linux after all.

Tropical_Brews said:
Well I suppose the tiny linux minority keep on bleating but if it is that good and free why so little useage overall and I forgot all my UNIX commands back in the 70's.
Simple. Its because so many people are automatically programmed to use M$

And as for " It doesnt support the programs I use" .... well thats because it was only written for the Windows platform.... and you can find prograns that only work with Linux, so nothing new with that comment

Tropical_Brews said:
Other big problem with Linux is does not support the software I use.

DFX Audio Enhancer ?
Macrium Reflect. ?
EaseUS Todo PC Trans ?
Simple DNSCrypt ?
DFX Audio Enhancer ?... Use a Linux equivalent... There are some really good Audio programs for Linux
tMacrium Reflect. ? A back-up utility for windows to back up windows....well hello
EaseUS Todo PC Trans ?.. To easy in Linux...that sort of thing is standard...why go to the trouble if it can already be done
Simple DNSCrypt ? You do realise that there is also a Linux version as well, so you lose a point there :D

Funny how he does not name one if anything Linux can touch Macrium then I will be a Gypo.

And I only named a few DFX Audio for one ?? of many.

Sorry to inform you the Worldwide Oil Industry does not agree with you go and see what we use Offshore fully networked with custom software to control drilling and well control.

Windows 10 Upgrade thread not the Unix Linux thread not a lot of similar to my eyes. Could be talking hobbists to Professionals here.

Macrium, never heard of it or used it, but I can't see it doing anything Clonezilla (free) or Acronis True Image (Commericial, not free) can't do.

paulyman said:
Macrium, never heard of it or used it, but I can't see it doing anything Clonezilla (free) or Acronis True Image (Commericial, not free) can't do.
No comment even needed. Nothing to do with Win !0

If you cannot work Windows then forget about Linux Full Stop.

What? You said Linux doesn't run the software you use. Two alternatives were provided that would happily replace said software if running Linux.

10 seconds looking up the software instead of insulting someone would demonstrate that the software will happily clone and reimage a Windows 10 drive.

I can see why Stu is banging his head against the wall.

As in all Windows threads there are always the Linux trolls.

If I want to go back to the 90s then I can plug in my Mint 17.3 As this is MS Windows 10 upgrade thread what has Linux got to do with it?
One of the cheapest computers available in this country running Windows 10 with no particular problems and networked to others with no coding required. Linux has its uses no doubt but ease of use is not one of them they have a LOT of catching up to do. Not everybody is a programming geek. Tablets Phones and PCs all now covered in one OS. When Linux has the versatility to run all software in a plug and play manner then it might gain a few more converts.
+ we enjoy the banter but non of the hugely overpriced Apple owners ever join in maybe they discovered viruses.

Over and out Chopper coming.

Screenshot (1).png

Tropical_Brews said:
we enjoy the banter but non of the hugely overpriced Apple owners ever join in maybe they discovered viruses.

Over and out Chopper coming.
Bet you still run anti-virus on your Windooz machine :)

In words you might or might not understand... :p

It is like joining a Honda Motorcycle Thread on a forum and start singing a superior song about your MV Agusta that many others don't have or use. ( ignoring prices ).

As for cloning and backup software I may have experienced hundreds of them so have a reasonable idea on the best available at this time which can change at anytime.

Thank god the Wet season is over up there...

You might be a bit more coherent as the weather cools down

Ducatiboy stu said:
Thank god the Wet season is over up there...

You might be a bit more coherent as the weather cools down
Could be all the beer to stay cool after the hottest Summer on record. Even the Coral has given up the ghost.

Doh still got water restrictions though. The pythons not liking it much.

Latest posts

Back