Why We Stick To Making Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say they actually rebottled metho watered down or something.

I reckon if you were making moonshine you'd have to try your hardest to make it so bad that it could kill 100 people. Even if you were trying it'd be hard to pull off.

teachings,
many bads never drink sister fcking shiney moons

"Police arrested four people in connection with making and distributing the methanol-spiked booze, said police official Surajit Kar Purkayastha."

seems like they were tipping the metho in it to make "cheap" booze, I wonder what else...

i bet the barkeep is running faster that me after a Vindaloo ....

I'd say they actually rebottled metho watered down or something.

I reckon if you were making moonshine you'd have to try your hardest to make it so bad that it could kill 100 people. Even if you were trying it'd be hard to pull off.

Isnt commercial metho 95%+ ethanol with some type of bittering/dont drink me agent, in it?
It gets get consumed a fair bit with orange juice around my parts. No quick deaths just a slow miserable one.

Sounds like you hit the nail on the head though, you would have to try your hardest to make your moonshine that bad. Unless they just used all foreshots, which you only give to people you really dont like :p

Thats media for you. They all could have died from food poisoning while holding frozen moonshine margaritas, but that doesnt sell newspapers.
or the bootleggers had a 44gal drum of foreshots stolen by now dead thieves... that doesnt sell papers either

Isnt commercial metho 95%+ ethanol with some type of bittering/dont drink me agent, in it?

no they are different and in a home brewed sense it's quite hard to make it in any significant concentration

i think most "metho" is now created from coal or other bio-mass with tricky processes beyond my understanding

last paragragraph:

"Despite religious and cultural taboos against drinking among Indians, 5 percent roughly 60 million people, the population of France are alcoholics. Two-thirds of the alcohol consumed in the country is illegal hooch made in remote villages or undocumented liquor smuggled in, according to The Lancet."

60 million alcoholics in 1 country, 2/3 consumed is home brew liquour. wow.

The word alcoholic means nothing so those stats mean nothing.

last paragragraph:

"Despite religious and cultural taboos against drinking among Indians, 5 percent roughly 60 million people, the population of France are alcoholics. Two-thirds of the alcohol consumed in the country is illegal hooch made in remote villages or undocumented liquor smuggled in, according to The Lancet."

60 million alcoholics in 1 country, 2/3 consumed is home brew liquour. wow.
we syhoud set up AHB & Combined Breweries LTD and sell them cheap adjunct rubbish beer and they would think its brilliant compared to what they are currently killing themselves with. money to be made.

No I can't. It needs me.

there's about a billion annoying 4chan expats to pick up the slack

600 million Indians live on $1 per day. They only way you'll make money off them is to stick them in a call centre and get them to phone gullible Aussies to scam.

600 million x $0.5 = $300 million if we charge 50c a tally?

if we can make bulk shitty beer at ~10-20c a tally, you got a profit of around $180 million

:D

there's about a billion annoying 4chan expats to pick up the slack
I'm certain I've already told you (several times now) that I don't use 4chan.

However, I'm equally sure your ability to follow posts made by anyone but yourself is quite poor so I'll henceforth not mention it again.

Back