Whos Brewin What This Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arsenewenger

Reaction score
Whats anybody brewin this weekend if at all . I think I will do annother Scottish 80/ with a few adjustments from last time i made .

Happy Brewin one and all :beer:

Hi - Brewing a Die Weisse Clone (Brewery in Salzburg) was there a few weeks back and was given the recipe.....Lovely Hefeweizen (not to style but)

JSB

I've got Wheatbeer and two pilsners to bottle. Then will put down a cider the the SEQ Xmas case swap. Not sure of the two empty fermenters though... maybe a APA or somehting...

I need to go to kegs! :blink:

Brewing a BIAB American IPA with Chinook and Cascade tomorrow, if it's any good it will be for the SA Xmas case.

I was planning to brew my chrissy case entry(Top secret :D ) but SWMBO has fully put her back out :( and I have to man her market stall over the weekend including tonight after work till 9pm. The grain is cracked so I guess I'll put the brew down late sunday arvo and into the evening.

Mrs Macgilla is in a lot of pain ATM and the prescribed medicines are only taking the edge off it. Not a flash end to the week!

:beer:

Sadly nothing for me - I collected all the ingredients to do a Witt beer and only just realised last night I have no bottles left - damn it!! Alas I think drinking 20 odd long necks in one night is beyond even me! :D

Maybe I should invite some of the other Perth blokes around to help lol

Belgium Dubbel based on Doc's Abbey recipe I found on the site.

First chance to try Ross's grain and a different malt. I have only used Powells to date.

bottling a pilsner and firing up a new concoxtion that will hopefully resemble a coopers vintage ale in flavor

Got it all weighed out ready to go. Can't wait, with the cool weather predicted
should be a good day.

My version of a Golden Ale

Altbier - Ross's recipe. As a matter of fact - the kettle is on as we speak. Need to round up one of my slaves to crush some grain.

RM

Altbier - Ross's recipe. As a matter of fact - the kettle is on as we speak. Need to round up one of my slaves to crush some grain.

RM

I'll be doing some kind of Pale Ale partial - no idea as yet exactly of what i can make with a majority of bittering pearle, some cascade and pale malt and pale malt extract and American II but it shouldnt be too hard to figure it out :)

A BIAB wheat - 50/50 pils/wheat with Hallertau and K97.

Actually...scratch that.

My partner just rang to tell me my brew stuff had a arrived and wanted to know if the yeast should go in the fridge. She open the package while we were on the phone and there's no yeast or hops...just the grain, some brochures about defence families of Australia and an invoice for Nutrimetics brochures worth $283.

Freaky.

BIAB partial APA #3

#2 was much better than #1. #3 should be much better than #2 :p

Hey chilla,
what is wrong with your old ladies back? has she had any treatment?
Happy to offer my services.

No brewing this WE,

Bottling a wheat 50/50 JWwheat: JWPilsner with mongral yeast. K97 didn't Kick so I chucked in some Coopers spares not sure what edded up doing most of the fermenting but taste out of the fermenter is nothing to write home about, quiet bland really, probably true to style for a seppo wheat I guess.

Just bought a heff and a wit from G@G at half price. Looking forward to trying these.

Tim

Hi - Brewing a Die Weisse Clone (Brewery in Salzburg) was there a few weeks back and was given the recipe.....Lovely Hefeweizen (not to style but)

JSB

COuld you please post the recipe for this, sounds interesting, and I want to brew a hefe next

Stocks are getting low so going for a triple brew day tomorrow. :eek:

Two batches of pale lager and a light ale, wife and kids are off for the day so it's just me and the brew gear. Grain is cracked and just about to go and prepare the brewing liquor ready for an early start.

Cheers, Andrew.

i have the perfect opportunity to brew this weekend but alas, it won't be happening.

the wife and her sister has taken the MIL up the coast for the weekend so I am on my lonesome.

I was going to lay down my NSW Xmas case contribution but I will instead be devoting my time to the NSW comp at Potters Brewery on Saturday. Next week for the Xmas case brew I reckon...

Back