Whisky tasting Melbourne TODAY!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpedaym

Reaction score
The Immigration Museum on Flinders St is doing some Scottish exhibition and are running a Whisky tasting workshop.

12:40pm or 2:10pm start
$15 'festival' entry + $23 tasting workshop.

Me and the Mrs had tickets (to 2:10pm start) but we're sick. I may still go if I can convince her I'm feeling better.

Sip your way through different Scottish whisky regions, discovering some of Scotland’s most flavoursome drams and how they are made and best enjoyed. Enjoy four tastings of single malts that highlight variances from region to region or cask to cask while refining your palate and learning what to look for in a bottle.

This workshop is run by Craig and Katherine Merson of Nippy Sweetie Whiskies. From Ayrshire in Scotland, the home of the Arran Distillery, they have a special connection with and extensive knowledge of whisky, having visited over fifty distilleries worldwide.

Originally referring to a sweet confection with a sharp or tart flavour, in Scotland nippy sweetie also describes a sharp-tongued person and is slang for a wee nip of whisky.
Workshop is part of the Scottish Fling Festival day. Workshop places are limited and for adults only (photo ID required on festival day). Tastings provided for consumption within workshops only.
http://museumvictoria.com.au/immigrationmuseum/whatson/whisky-tasting-workshops/

TheBigD said:
I dare say by the end of the tasting you'll be feeling much better
True. I also get to do her tastings too!

In seriousness though, I will have a spare ticket for the 2:10 session and will take charitable donations if anyone wants the ticket at a discount.

Latest posts

Back