Which pump to buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got two Kaixin delivered from Jacky Gu for about $115. One had a dicky thread that took a lot of swearing to accept a fitting and the other had a crack in the plastic cover on the electrical end. Jack blamed the courier and said he couldn't post replacement parts due to the cost but he could send it out with another purchase. Pfffft. This was when the KK pumps were over $100 or more.
For $65 each from KK you can't really go wrong. They seem pretty good at honouring warranty issues with their products and so far these pumps seem pretty reliable. No affiliation except for being a happy repeat customer.

Might have to get someone to pop into KK for me so I don't have to pay a mark up...

The only prob with the KK pumps is that the price has dropped (significantly)....smile....
They are great pumps, I have run one 24 hours (don't ask why) with no problemo.

Kurtz

dr K said:
The only prob with the KK pumps is that the price has dropped (significantly)....smile....
They are great pumps, I have run one 24 hours (don't ask why) with no problemo.

Kurtz
So you left the pump running with sod perc through the heat exchanger after a brew and did not remember until the next day too hey, Dr K? Well it's not as if you can hear the bloody thing running.

bradsbrew said:
So you left the pump running with sod perc through the heat exchanger after a brew and did not remember until the next day too hey, Dr K? Well it's not as if you can hear the bloody thing running.
I actually used my boiler for a massive sous vide involving turkeys and whirlpools......

Back