Which pump to buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They got back to me. $25.80 for a quantity of fifty pumps. Just looking at the price of freight now. He is quoting sea and air freight so I will post N update when I get one. Also asked for same pump. P with stainless head but still high temp. He will quote same.

I'm keen too. Prefer stainless obviously if it comes off. Unfortunately I don't have the capital to front the bulk buy either.

wide eyed and legless said:
Was that just one bad experience Nev ? I have never had a problem with either Alibaba or Aliexpress, was the goods you sent for from India or Indonesia, they are the 2 worst countries to deal with, just keep clear of those and some of the drop shippers with ridiculously cheap prices.
the times it happened to me the goods were from china and one lot was from the Infamous Jack Gu involving kaixon pumps. Seems he was doing it on a regular basis.

Just a warning that if things go wrong don't expect your money back

wide eyed and legless said:
Fair enough Nev , I am happy with my set-up, maybe the guys who are buying the pumps should be treading a bit careful.
I'm just going to get a chugger I think :)

The march pump is tried and tested, and of course your not a true brewer unless you own a Braumeister .....March Pump

G'day Djar007,

By my calculations $25.80 by 50 will put you over the $1000 customs limit, just something to keep in mind.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Yeah. He came back with a 670 dollar air freight price to my door or eighty dollars sea freight. Then I would need to deal with the customs paperwork and taxes. So I am waiting on a price for the stainless head. And then I will put all the prices together and post back. Might contact Keg King to do a bulk buy through them. A lot less hassle and local warranty.

djar007 said:
Yeah. He came back with a 670 dollar air freight price to my door or eighty dollars sea freight. Then I would need to deal with the customs paperwork and taxes. So I am waiting on a price for the stainless head. And then I will put all the prices together and post back. Might contact Keg King to do a bulk buy through them. A lot less hassle and local warranty.
I would be interesred in 4 maybe 5 if you need numbers. Stainless only.

Should chat with him about the numbers, and even hit up ali-express the low volume sister site. Then try and get a smaller bulk buy that keeps it under the $1,000

I picked up 2 of the cheaper $65 pumps from KegKing just the other day, they did mention something about the threads not fitting correctly and had modified them in-store. I was able to test fit them to the plumbing pieces I am using in my rig and all works well. Yet to use them in a brew (but they're pumping water fine), but as far as being able to walk into a shop, play with some stuff, ask stupid questions and try the beer they have on tap, I'm happy forking over a little extra for the service.

I think I'll do the same as you Chrouch. I need to get a few fittings at the same time so it'll be good to make sure everything fits in the shop.

I got myself a Chugger before there was no Australian Distributor and it has the over heating issue. The customer service from Chugger is absolutely 0%. Even though they know that the first 230v pumps were faulty they are giving me excuses saying that my setup is incorrect (Recirc 70L BIAB). No happy with them at all!!

I have just purchased 2 March 815-SS-C from Tesco Pumps for my 3v system that I am building.

Anyone hit up our mate Jack Gu from Kaixin to see if he's happy to ship 10-15 pumps?
I'm getting close to needing a pump soon and I'm a little reluctant to pay $90 for a kaixin from my LHBS

Although the ones these days can handle above boiling liquids? At least that is what's listed on all the retailers' webpages (Up to 120C). Surely that would mean if it were to fail due to heat malfunction you could exchange or refund the item...

I want to start brewing double batches more regularly and the only way to do so is to get a pump so I can brew doubles on my own. Seriously considering purchasing one this week for my weekend brew.

Back