Where To Source 50l Cub Style Kegs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m3taL

Reaction score
Just wondering where you guys are sourcing those big kegs that you use to make the brewing rigs?? wouldnt mind beginning one just need a back bone for my build.....

Depends if you want legal, or not so legal methods. In the interest of the forum rules, I'd suggest talking about 'legally acquired kegs'..........

Cheers

There was a retailer selling some here not that long ago, I can't find the thread but perhaps someone else remembers it.

batz

Ross, Bigfridge and /// have all sold them at some point although BF was mainly in bulk to commercial breweries as far as I understand.

Keg King also sell them: http://www.kegking.com.au/Kegs.html

I was given mine - it came with a giant certificate of authenticity.

Keg King sell pre cut keggles including ball valve for $100 ($90 if paying cash), they are old 50l kegs from european brewerys, so now hassles from CUB etc.

I'm recently got one and am very happy with it.

I got two at the scrap yard. They keep 'em aside as a rule.

When you get some try not to revive the "how to remove a spear" style threads. Some of the "experts" get a little defensive.

There was a bloke on eBay selling lowenbrau ones a while back, said the supplier refused to collect, not too sure that its still "legal" but it could be argued.

Me - I sourced one from the old man, he works at lion and pulled some strings and got me one that they got back with a hole drilled in the top, he reckons its hard pushing for another but he said he'd keep an eye out.

There was a bloke on eBay selling lowenbrau ones a while back, said the supplier refused to collect, not too sure that its still "legal" but it could be argued.

Me - I sourced one from the old man, he works at lion and pulled some strings and got me one that they got back with a hole drilled in the top, he reckons its hard pushing for another but he said he'd keep an eye out.

So rather than us illegally aquiring them from the back of a pub we could just illegally drill holes in em... then wait for tgem to turn up legally through ur old man? :p

Edit - don't do it folks ... high pressure inside = unsafe... illegal= silly

I found mine on gumtree

One purchased outright for $20.00

and then i put on a Wanted ad and had a few replies

One offered several, and it was from a local RSL, I Paid $35 each, then went inside and won a few bucks on the pokies, so all was good

Worth a shot placing an ad on gumtree, and its free (i have no connection, just had a few wins - wine fridge for $35 using as a fermentor fridge etc)

Latest posts

Back