Where To Get Authentic Styles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leahy268

Reaction score
Ok so heres the go.
I love beer.. Don't we all. :D
However I'd really love to try some styles that just don't seem to exist.
I.E. dunkels, bocks, schwarzbierk and the list goes on.
Particularly I'd love to try some of those styles before going to the effort of making them myself.
You know see if I like those styles myself
Question is does anyone know a good place to buy them?
I'm way up here in Toowoomba where we don't get so many good things so perhaps an online store?

Thanks

Warwick

Make it!

beer_table.gif

Ok so heres the go.
I love beer.. Don't we all. :D
However I'd really love to try some styles that just don't seem to exist.
I.E. dunkels, bocks, schwarzbierk and the list goes on.
Particularly I'd love to try some of those styles before going to the effort of making them myself.
You know see if I like those styles myself
Question is does anyone know a good place to buy them?
I'm way up here in Toowoomba where we don't get so many good things so perhaps an online store?

Thanks

Warwick

Check out the Spotted Cow Cellabrations cnr Mary st and bridge St

Check out the Spotted Cow Cellabrations cnr Mary st and bridge St

+1 Spotted Cow would be my first port of call in Toowoomba.

If you're particularly interested in German beers and are ever in Brisbane, get yourself along to the German Club at Woolloongabba - they usually have Kstrizer Schwarzbier on tap and the other styles you mentioned in bottles. If you're a member ($5/year for social membership) you can also buy bottles to take home with you.

Cheers,
tallie

Spotted Cow for sure. Passionate beer drinking people work there, so be prepared for a bit of a chat.

+1 Spotted Cow would be my first port of call in Toowoomba.

If you're particularly interested in German beers and are ever in Brisbane, get yourself along to the German Club at Woolloongabba - they usually have Kstrizer Schwarzbier on tap and the other styles you mentioned in bottles. If you're a member ($5/year for social membership) you can also buy bottles to take home with you.

Cheers,
tallie

+1
Usually have Schlosser Alt on as well. And ask nicely and they might sell you the glass as well.

Back