Where To Drink In Adelaide?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clutch

Brew your own beer, you'll save money.
Reaction score
Heading down to Beerbelly this weekend, where should we drink? And/or eat?

The Wheatsheaf Hotel. Beer heaven. Don't do food though, if they did I'd live there.

Staying in Prospect I think.

There is Port Dock Hotel in Port Adelaide and Holdfast Hotel near Glenelg. Adelaide is great for good beer 'cos they have grown up with Coopers.

There is Port Dock Hotel in Port Adelaide and Holdfast Hotel near Glenelg. Adelaide is great for good beer 'cos they have grown up with Coopers.
Seriously WTF???
If those two places represent good beer in Adelaide we are in serious trouble!

I was in Adelaide for the nat's last year, Brew Boys, the Wheaty, Lobathal all bloody awesome!!! and the Tap In for something different, and had a nice feed and a few Pilsners in Hahndorf.

Adelaide and its people is a great place to visit :icon_cheers:

Just my 2 worth

Cheers
Carboy

Clutch...

Here are your options.

Brewboys,
Wheatsheaf
or if you have to be in the city,
The Kings.

The first 2 choices are about as far away from propect as each other. Brewboys is local micro and is nice and chilled. Wheatsheaf is the best australia can import and also aussie micro.

Start at the kings, have 2 beers, take the tram to the wheatsheaf (it's free), have a few beers, take a taxi to brewboys, have a few beers and then take a taxi back home/bed...good slice of SA beer and other quality brews mate.

Don't go port dock or holdfast unless you like vb.

Cheers

Heading down to Beerbelly this weekend, where should we drink? And/or eat?

Theres a bloody nice bench out the front....just ignore the graffiti about Jenny the scrag.....its only half true :icon_chickcheers:

OK, serious suggestions now.
If you start from the City, by distance not quality.
Kings Head
Crown and Sceptre
Lion(North Adelaide)
BrewBoys
Highway
Lobethal
Barossa Valley (Tanunda, I may be biased.)
Gulf Brewing (Hahndorf, New shopfront/bar.)
Steam Exchange (Goolwa if you have a car and time)

But you MUST NOT LEAVE THE STATE without a session at The Wheaty!

Cheers
Nige

Latest posts

Back