Where Is The Cheapest Place To Buy Ldme In Melbourne?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegasherrulz

Reaction score
G'day, Where is the cheapest place to buy LDME in Melbourne?
Cheerz and thanks for your time.
Gash

Gash
As suggested , bloke , support your LHBS...
Yours would be the Grain & Grape....Who are also a site sponsor
Cheers
Ferg

Gash

Allowing for petrol etc, local is best. Saving $1 for LDME is not worth it if you have to drive 20 minutes to get there.
G&G has to be the cheapest LHBS for you I would have thought. Our local Big W sells coopers LDME as well but not sure how the price compares. Highpoint BIG W is closer to you than Yarraville (G&G).

often i head into grain and grape and they may not have the size of DMe you want on the floor but if you dont pipe up and ask how much for how much how can you know. if you dont ask them for a better deal for a bigger bag then thats up to you but they offer a grain book to regular grain buyers on bulk buys of grain so i assume if you want a power of DME you could open the dialogue and see. if not go BIAB ALL grain and get a discount that way!

any big home brew shops like G&G will sell you a bag of malt its usually 20kg and I can get it locally for $110 I know craftbrewer (in qld, no good for you) has it for the same price. So id say G&G would be looking at around the same price. I also can get 25kg of dex for $50 i think it was that will last me years

I live half way between Grain & Grape Yarraville and Brewcraft Richmond. I've found the prices at each quite comparable. G&G cheaper for some items, B cheaper for others. Each to their own, but I've found the G&G staff to be more helpful for what I'm after, so that's where I go... on average the price evens out. It's not worth the time or expense of going to one for some items and the other for the rest.

same stuff I get. it isnt bad but after 4 bags of it you want a change lol I do odd AG or a odd brew using briess malt as they have bigger variety and are bloody nice prob as close to AG you could get with extracts. I think locally I got quoted $185 for a 22.6kg (i think it is) of briess pilsen extract.

G&G is where I'll be going in the morning, was just putting the question out there. What I need is other brewers to share the bulk buys. The only chance I get the time to go there is Saturday mornings and they usually too busy to muck around I find, although it is a great shop.

Yes , everything is more expensive in Melbourne, for a large city it has a very small range of choice and variety in shops, not just homebrew , in everything.. expect clothes, but sheez is anyone that bored to go clothes shopping????

Yes , everything is more expensive in Melbourne, for a large city it has a very small range of choice and variety in shops, not just homebrew , in everything.. expect clothes, but sheez is anyone that bored to go clothes shopping????

Is that you Doug Hawkins from Braybrook? Talking out of your ass again :ph34r:

ring and order i find is the best with Grain and Grape..Saturday is one of there busiest day's.....thegasherrulz you need to get out not just go to sunshine plaza or highpoint

Latest posts

Back