When to filter a brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilchard

Reaction score
I have had to run a few AG brews into production for my birthday on Friday, they were done but not cold crashed so have a bit of hoppy goodness in the mix as well as cloud from yeast. Yes I know there has been no ageing but in certain circumstances, sometimes you need beer. Is it worth buying a filter to take out the extras or will 2 days be enough at 0 to clear them up? Force craned the apa today and got a good slurry of hops, tasted fine but would like clearer for the day.

Cheers

Dean.

Dump some gelatin in, 2 days will be plenty to have clear beer. I tried to get a photo of a beer that I put gelatin into on Monday evening that was cloudy as hell and I can now read the newspaper through, but there isn't enough left in the glass to show it. Put it this way, gelatin will clear it right up.

At what ratio? I usually have a brew going over 4 weeks to clear etc. they are done fermenting but need to knock out some cloud in the kegs.

Cheers

Back