What's Your Signature

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever debris falls out of my beard whilst leaning over the kettle

There is probably a fair proportion of my hair in each brew, it is thinning faster than the polar ice sheet. I'm blaming climate change <_<

Rye for mine. I just love it! It's a feature of almost every beer I brew.

We have some mighty soft well water on our property which I carbon filter, similiar in character as Mt Cooroy water. Only I don't pay for my spring water :D
I can always tell the difference when I brew in the city or at a mates on town water. Not worse not better just missing that soft malt character which I pin our water.

High gravity boils (1.075) with excess hops to achieve the same IBUs. Slightly different utilisation and possibly more caramelisation/mailard stuff going on.

Also, across the board use of Wey Pils in all styles as a base.

That hint of "mousiness" when making Aussie Styles

dead_mouse_in_press__Large_.jpg

PS I've planted coriander over the mouse grave in the herb garden so that should help my curries as well

Sweat, hair, brewbrite, bit of swearing, music, yeast nutrient.

In no particular order.

Sponge

My signature is vienna and chocolate grains. Use it in my ambers and IIPA. Caramunich in my Aussie old recipe. Oh and my beers are way to bitter for everyone.

The secret to my house signature is dirty lines.

Most of my beers are racked with oak of some sort. That being said, I only brew ales.

Mine all have that certain character that comes from having no f'ing idea what the hell I'm doing.

Mine all have that certain character that comes from having no f'ing idea what the hell I'm doing.

For me... Unusual herbs... Elecampane, wormwood, meadowsweet, mandrake, deadly nightshade, hemp... I just cant resist putting something herbal in...

Latest posts

Back